SNP to break up Britian?

Associate
My thoughts as well, SNP (Who have watched Braveheart one too many times) want the pro's and very little of the cons, the fact they threaten not to take on any of the RBS debt (They should take all of it) if they were not allowed to keep the £ takes the ****.

Overall we are stronger together than apart, Scotland half splitting off is ill advised at best

90% of RBS operations are in England. 80% of RBS debt was created by the London investment banking arm of RBS. Whose debt is it?

An independent Scotland using the pound will only be a good thing for the rUK.

Associate
Even though I think all of the arguments against independence are simply scare stories, I've begun to disengage with the debate lately. I believe the rest of the UK has a lot to lose and is done no favours by the UKMSM who persist in peddling endless negativity and in some cases (Guardian Cartoonists included) quasi-racism, refusing point blank to even step inside the shoes of any Scot living under blanket non-representation. It has become a bit unseemly.

Regardless of any referendum outcome next year, it's doubtful that Scottish Labour or the Scottish Liberal Democrats are ever going to get back in power. They are continuously exposed as being utterly useless in opposition. Every Holyrood questions session demonstrates that to such an embarrassing degree that it now seems inevitable to me that Scotland shall be politically independent, eventually.

And that's what most pro-UK Scots don't seem to get; economic independence (by hook or by crook) is a means to an end for people who want to be free from blanket non-representation at Wastemonster. Perhaps they've all been blinded by the pervasive stink of hypocrisy in that democratic freedom movements around the world are celebrated as a Good Thing, and roundly applauded when they succeed - yet when notice of such a movement is pasted to the UK's door, it is utterly abhorrent and destined for the bin.

The Better Together campaign says that it will only cost me one pound to be independent. Say all you want about the economic pitfalls of independence, but that's all I ever need to remember when I post my ballot.

Last edited:
Associate
An independent Scotland using the pound will only be a good thing for the rUK.

Absolute nonsense. Unless Scotland defers its fiscal policy to the UK (in which case it isn't independent) its use of sterling would be a very bad thing for that currency. Not having control over the fiscal policy of a state that uses your currency is a very bad thing.

Associate
The whole plan for Scottish independence seems like the kids leaving home but still wanting to borrow the car, or go round to Mum and Dad's for tea.

Caporegime
Headquarters: Edinburgh, Scotland

sorted then, just got to force them to start using scottish notes and take over all of their branchs in England and give them to some politicians dodgy back scratching friend who will likely sell them on for a massive profit a few weeks later.

Makes you proud to be british

Caporegime
no **** sherlock but they aren't the royal bank of the united kingdom
You realise why people are scared of scotland losing the £?

RBS would probably swap their headquarters to england to keep the £ wonder how many other companies might to LOL

Does scotland have it's own customs ? or are all parcels / freight through england ?
You have royal mail up there brah? We can reduce the cost of deliveries and stamps from no longer having to deliver to the areas that rural scotland that don't generate any profits

Last edited:
The whole plan for Scottish independence seems like the kids leaving home but still wanting to borrow the car, or go round to Mum and Dad's for tea.

As far as summing up The Future King and President of Scotland Sir (self appointed) Alex Salmond's ideas, that is nail on head.

The guy is peddling rhetoric but seems to have no actual plan other than Freedom (must be said loudly in a dodge Scottish accent)

Also I love how people are saying they (Scotland) are an oil rich country and don't need anyone. Yeah sorry to burst your bubble but no you aren't. A very small minority are and the Scottish people have as much chance seeing that money as I do of benefiting from the millions of pounds that are traded daily in London. There is no 'we' when it comes to wealth.

Soldato
Have they changed the stupid wording yet?

Do you not want Scotland to be independent or some rubbish.

"Should Scotland be independent" yes. no. that should be the question not some trick easy to see it two ways crap!

Associate

Or, more accurately, it's a divorce and Scotland should be entitled to it's share of assets it helped build up.

The Union didn't spawn Scotland. The Union was createdly jointly be Scotland and England.

Soldato
Or, more accurately, it's a divorce and Scotland should be entitled to it's share of assets it helped build up.

The Union didn't spawn Scotland. The Union was createdly jointly be Scotland and England.

Should have had a prenup, the greedy scrounging cow!

:cool:

Soldato
Does anyone else not think it's sad seeing this whole independance debate create an us and them attitude that wasn't really this bad before? Maybe a bit of harmless banter aimed at Scots or Englishmen, but nothing like this ugly debate it's turned into now.

D13

D13

Associate
Does anyone else not think it's sad seeing this whole independance debate create an us and them attitude that wasn't really this bad before? Maybe a bit of harmless banter aimed at Scots or Englishmen, but nothing like this ugly debate it's turned into now.

yeah it is sad.

Soldato
Watch the amount of companies leave Scotland if it becomes independent.

Oh, and the amount of skilled workers also leaving. Scotland will end up a country of service workers...

Guys.

Keep me a space down in England please, as I am out of here if the slim chance that Hamish & Angus get the vote through!

Back
Top Bottom