So err, What’s Happened to the Princess of Wales?

Soldato
Sorted my dad’s throat cancer out brilliantly just a few short years back. He got an appointment in one week and then started treatment about a fortnight after. Made an excellent recovery

I think it could be better but it overall is great when you consider it’s free.

My grandmother had stomach cancer which she beat and had a nice healthy life after. Passed away last year.

Unfortunately, with my grandfather they targeted the wrong type of cancer (they thought it was prostrate but it was of the colon) so we lost him to it.

Soldato
The media passing the buck about speculation on to others.

The media knew Kate wasn't scheduled to appear in public till the end of March. Yet they kept talking about her when gossiping about Meghan and Harry 24/7.

Soldato
I always thought medical care for cancer was reasonably good even on the NHS?

I don't see what private does will change that. Her status might get her jumped up the que a little quicker but in the end cancer is cancer. Diagnosing it in the early stages is what saves the vast majority and that is where private pays because you get the diagnosis early through proper routine check ups.
Well my mum's cancer returned and it took 5 months from presenting at the GP to the mastectomy. A year later it has spread to her liver and she was dead.

NHS is too slow

Soldato
You’re accusing people of irrational perspective. You’re accusing people of being bitter. None of the posts you replied to contained any of those things. You invented them to defend the royals and to attempt to insult the person posting.

I would argue they were both irrational and bitter, and I don’t think either of those are insults.

When someone says someone receiving private medical care for cancer should ‘get a ticket and join the line’ that’s pretty much coming from a bitter position.

Soldato
I would argue they were both irrational and bitter, and I don’t think either of those are insults.

When someone says someone receiving private medical care for cancer should ‘get a ticket and join the line’ that’s pretty much coming from a bitter position.
The only thing irrational is you taking a daft sentence like ‘take a ticket’ and seeing bitterness.

Soldato
Laugh it up all you want @rare - it’s what I expected. Some people are just so fixated on the royal family it’s quite sad.

Except I’m not fixated? I’ve argued the opposite really, I said to me she is a 42 year old mother and I wish her the best.

Again, your using your own dislike of the monarchy to make the assumption that anyone arguing against the kind of nasty comments that have been made towards her is ‘fixated’ with monarchy.

Soldato

Wow. I'm not bitter, I promise. I do like lemons though.

Soldato
Except I’m not fixated? I’ve argued the opposite really, I said to me she is a 42 year old mother and I wish her the best.

Again, your using your own dislike of the monarchy to make the assumption that anyone arguing against the kind of nasty comments that have been made towards her is ‘fixated’ with monarchy.
What nasty comments?

Don
OP
The media passing the buck about speculation on to others.

The media knew Kate wasn't scheduled to appear in public till the end of March. Yet they kept talking about her when gossiping about Meghan and Harry 24/7.
They'll already ramping it up with the "Kate's got cancer" rhetoric. From whats actually been said, it appears she might have had a hysterectomy and they subsequently found pre-/cancerous cells and they're giving her precautionary chemo as a result. The media are massively downplaying that it's precautionary.

Good to see Karol Sikora back in the media good books though :cry:

Soldato
Deny? Come again?

Well she’s already receiving treatment, so it would be in the short term at least seeing as you would prefer her to ‘take a ticket and get in line with the rest of the populace for cancer related treatments’.

If she’s paying for treatment then she’s going to be paying for the best possible treatment.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well she’s already receiving treatment, so it would be in the short term at least seeing as you would prefer her to ‘take a ticket and get in line with the rest of the populace for cancer related treatments’.
I've no preference either way. Is there a possibility, perhaps, maybe, salt?

Soldato
I've no preference either way. Is there a possibility, perhaps, maybe, salt?
What rare and others are doing is taking your position and twisting it to make it out you don’t want her to have treatment.
What I see is someone making a commentary on the sad state of our nhs currently. Everyone should be entitled to the same level and quality of care - irrespective of who they are or who they married. I’m pretty sure I don’t see anything in what you posted that wishes she doesn’t get treatment. But no one gets to white knight the royals if they see it that way.

Last edited:
Soldato
They'll already ramping it up with the "Kate's got cancer" rhetoric. From whats actually been said, it appears she might have had a hysterectomy and they subsequently found pre-/cancerous cells and they're giving her precautionary chemo as a result. The media are massively downplaying that it's precautionary.

Good to see Karol Sikora back in the media good books though :cry:

I'm no doctor so perhaps you can explain, what do you mean by pre cancerous cells. Did they not find cancerous cells and therefore started chemo? Surely you either have cancer or not, it's just that this has been caught rather early?

Soldato
Everyone should be entitled to the same level and quality of care - irrespective of who they are or who they married.

They do, it’s called the NHS.

But if you can afford it you have access to a different level of care. Or if your job has private medical cover for example.

Just like if you have more money you can buy a nicer house, or a more expensive car.

It’s got absolutely nothing to do with ‘white knighting’ the royals (nonsense). In this respect Kate is no different than anyone else who is receiving private medical treatment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom