So I've been posting on these forums for 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
GeForce 3?

The first PC I built and posted about on here was a 700MHz AMD Athlon rig back in 2001~, overclocked to 800MHz and ran CS like nobody's business! GFX? Geforce2 MX 32MB with "DDR" memory!

Soundblaster Live too. God how awful was that card....Back then EAX was all the rage.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Found this forum in 2001 - mainly hung about in the case forum. Went through a few daft years of replacing cpu's and graphics cards like they were going out of fashion but luckily stopped wasting my money on it! Last upgraded my PC in 2003 I think, just use a laptop these days and lurk in motors mainly!

edit:
Ge-Force 2
Kyro 2
Ge-Force 4 Ti-4400
Radeon 9700 Pro
Radeon 9800 Pro
Radeon 9800 XT

all in the space of about 2 years!

Last edited:
Don
Hi five chaps,

Jestar, I'm sure I had you on MSN all that time ago, my username was 'cky2k' back in the day :D

I remember shaking with excitement when my GF3 arrived in the post, I think I was 16 at the time, £250 was a lot of money back then

Transmission breaker
Don
Hi five chaps,

Jestar, I'm sure I had you on MSN all that time ago, my username was 'cky2k' back in the day :D

I remember shaking with excitement when my GF3 arrived in the post, I think I was 16 at the time, £250 was a lot of money back then

*High five*

I remember spending £240 on a CM210, which i still use today!!

I was so nervous when I opened it :D

Associate
Ohh a few old names/faces gracing this thread, forgot about L-Plate, GordyHand etc. Think I joined back in the days of the Athlon 450 where you had to pencil in the bridges to overclock!

Anyone remember those cream tornado cases? Think I've still got my first PC from OC in the loft..

Soldato
I joined in late 1999. At that time I either had Celeron 300a@450 or an Abit BP6 with dual Celerons and Voodoo 3 :cool: I remember getting a 300k cable connection and was the envy of all who still had red or yellow bars in Starcraft GBR-1.

Off to uni in 2000, I was like most other student - young, naive, idealistic and thought I had an answer for everything. I cringe when I think back what I was like back then. I'm still a **** now but these days I'm aware of it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom