So I've been posting on these forums for 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Must have joined in 2000. Duron 600@800? or was it 800@1gig? something like that anyway. Then there was the good old seti@home stomp monster. Must admit that I did get my first hardware for overclocking at the now dead overclockingstore as it had free delivery but that was a loooong time ago and the forums here were more helpful.

My first post was about the Videologic Digi theatre surround sound system. Which I still use on a daily basis. Have been posting prolifically ever since.

Soldato
I registered in 99, I am convinced its earlier than that though.
I certainly remember posting on on new years eve 1999 joking about the up coming end of the world.

Caporegime
i used to read on here back then cant remember if i registered at all but wasnt frequent .

think forum was grey and blue cant remember :p

Soldato
Time flies eh.

I remember buying my first overclocking components from here back in 2001. Found the forum by mistake and lurked for few years before actually joining.

This place kept me company all those long cold nights, working shifts and abroad.

God bless OcUK :)

Soldato
I remember my first purchase from OcUK, a Thermoengine with delta fan back in 2000. Shortly after the Fan blew my mobo I posted on these forums requesting advice and never looked back! Mindyerbeak was an interesting fella, used to talk with him at length over MSN back in the day, even met him in Swansea one year (During an OcUK meat i believe) along with Alphanumeric, Piggymon and a few others (you know who you are).

Those were the days! Everyone knew everyone. It seems that when I go to post now i barely recognise any posters, I guess as you get older and life becomes more important, forging online friendships falls by the wayside.

Soldato
I've just looked at my details to see that I joined in Jan 2003, wow time has flown by. Was a lurker before becoming an occasional poster, and I don't think that there has been many days when I've had access to a computer and not been on here.
I can't remember what my PC would have been in 2001, perhaps an AMD Athlon CPU with an appropriately small hard disk and amount of RAM compared to today.

Soldato
I joined 1999 / 2000 and check the forums every day. My post count may be small but I find the forum a great wealth of information. Overclockers is wikipedia!

There have certainly been some good characters on here and I'm glad to see that some of those previously permabanned members came back when Spie offered out an olive branch.

Associate
I lurked for a couple of months before hand, then finally bought a load of components for a pc build for uni. Think it was an AMD 3200xp good computer it was too, lasted until a couple of months ago.
I've wasted, well wouldn't say it was wasted, but spent a lot of time on here since then, but it's been 7 years for me, long time.

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;19315808 said:
I would post memories but they will be exactly the same as yours as I registered in March 01 I think :p

There was another nuke/hack in March 2001 so you may have predated that.

I have vague memories of DJ_Jestar (the OP) posting some huge long thread about about a night out that involved spending hundreds in a strip club and taking one back to a hotel or something, amongst other shenanigans, it was a good read and I can't even remember if it was supposed to be fiction or not.

It's possible I may have him confused with somebody else but I normally have an exceptional memory for trivial details like this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom