• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: SO RYZEN: WHICH ONE DID YOU BUY OR ARE GONNA BUY?

Which Ryzen did you buy or are planning to buy?

Votes: 142 41.0%
  • 1700X

Votes: 92 26.6%
  • 1800X

Votes: 112 32.4%

• Total voters
Associate
Bought the Crosshair Hero, can always return if the reviews go south (doesn't look like they will)

Think it will be the 1700 for me though with the cooler + some ram will pretty much swallow my budget for this round

Caporegime
Bought the Crosshair Hero, can always return if the reviews go south (doesn't look like they will)

Think it will be the 1700 for me though with the cooler + some ram will pretty much swallow my budget for this round

Still, if you can stretch to it then it's going to be a VERY good basis for a powerful system for years to come :cool:

Enjoy!!

Soldato
i'm selling up shop. Going all AMD, time to put my wallet where my mouth is. After years of abusing AMD for lackluster performance, i have been transformed from a intel fan boy :D

Associate
I'm thinking of upgrading from my i5 4670K. Will the gains be substantial enough to warrant upgrading to the 1800X?

I've also currently only got a GTX 980 too but waiting for Vega to decide what to go with on the next release cycle.

Associate
I went for a 1800X and Crosshair Hero in the end. It's the first time I've built a gaming PC using AMD, actually quite excited about it :D

Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Pretty much got my whole new PC bought now, just sat waiting for a mobo and CPU. Need the reviews now to see what board I want, and then R5 1600X to appear. Damn you waiting!

Associate
Originally ordered the Asus Prime motherboard, but I called up this morning and got it changed to a Crosshair VI Hero :)
I nearly went with the prime but thought as it's going to be a while before I swap out mother boards to go top tier! Ordered the hero in the end.

Soldato
I'm thinking about the prime. Still not ordered. Was gonna order today, but got a call to say I'm going out the country for work for the next couple weeks, so I can wait on the reviews, lol.

I was picking the Prime over the Crosshair because I want to potentially drop an APU in there at a later date, so need the video outs that aren't on the Crosshair. Plus £100 in my pocket.

Associate
aw man that sucks, im gonna be out on friday when it'll most likely come :(
I could be wrong, guess we'll find out tomorrow. I just don't remember pre-ordering components and them turning up on release day. Hopefully it does come on Thursday, I want my new shiny shiny just as much lol.

Associate
Looking at ordering the Crosshair VI Hero with a 1700X, going to wait on reviews before pressing the buy button though, will be a nice upgrade from my old 2500K :D

Back
Top Bottom