• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So whos gone and got a 680 gtx then?

EVGA seems solid, whats peoples general thoughts on getting this one or waiting for a slightly beefed up 4gb model?
EVGA are widely perceived to offer the best warranty support. If the card goes wrong after a few years you won't get any nonsense with "partial refunds" being offered at low values. EVGA will replace the card like for like, or provide something better.

As for the 4GB version, it is unlikely to offer additional performance unless you game at extremely high resolutions and settings (mult-monitor). Some games may se slight benifits @ 2560x1600, but not many. If you are sticking with a single monitor, it is probably worth sticking to 2GB.

One last thing. Whilst EVGA offer great support, graphics cards in general are unlikley to fail, so the chances of using it are slight. It is not worth spending a lot of extra for support you are extremely unlikely to need. Go for EVGA if the price is good, but don't spend £30+ extra for it.

EVGA are widely perceived to offer the best warranty support. If the card goes wrong after a few years you won't get any nonsense with "partial refunds" being offered at low values. EVGA will replace the card like for like, or provide something better.

As for the 4GB version, it is unlikely to offer additional performance unless you game at extremely high resolutions and settings (mult-monitor). Some games may se slight benifits @ 2560x1600, but not many. If you are sticking with a single monitor, it is probably worth sticking to 2GB.

One last thing. Whilst EVGA offer great support, graphics cards in general are unlikley to fail, so the chances of using it are slight. It is not worth spending a lot of extra for support you are extremely unlikely to need. Go for EVGA if the price is good, but don't spend £30+ extra for it.

Whoa there champ. I had 2 x GTX 580's fail - 1 EVGA reference, and another Gigabyte SOC. Both were replaced by OcUK - (nice one!)

Graphics cards are WAY more likely to fail than motherboards or other PC components etc (esp if you're buying pre overclocked suckers), so getting a decent warranty is an intrinsic part of the purchasing decision, for me at least.

Anyone played Alan Wake on their GTX680.... wow just wow. The lighting is the best I've seen in any game. Was a hot night last night noticed my temps hit 60C, fan running at 55% still cant hear it :)

Mine arrived this morning :)

Got the evga gtx680, looking forward to setting it up when I get home from work later.

Will post my thoughts/results later.

Cheers

Anyone played Alan Wake on their GTX680.... wow just wow. The lighting is the best I've seen in any game. Was a hot night last night noticed my temps hit 60C, fan running at 55% still cant hear it :)
Yeah. I picked it up a while back but hadn't got around to playing it. The graphics really are excellent, the PC port is surprisingly well done and the gameplay is actually much better than I was expecting. But yeah, the lighting is really good, especially combined with the slow motion and phantom-like enemies.

I'm surprised at how small the 680 is tbh, I didn't think my 7950 was *that* big tbh ;

539784_10151437016380176_633995175_23716194_408182052_n.jpg

Got the 680 installed & running.

Only one problem getting crashes on the campaign mode in Battlefield 3, may reinstall it and see if it cures the problem, it was running fine on my 580 though.

Tried wow & Kingdoms of Amalur they both run fine.

Any comments would be appreciated, btw its running at stock speeds.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom