• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So whos gone and got a 680 gtx then?

Got mine from OCUK today! Thanks for the sweets!

!snip
(user name is BTBJP on FM forum)

3DMark 11

CPU 127x39
GPUs 132%, +150, +450

Games are running great compared to my old 5970s!

Are you 24/7 stable at those clocks? Is that a turbo clock of 1156? Can you clock them higher?

Last edited:
Are you 24/7 stable at those clocks? Is that a turbo clock of 1156? Can you clock them higher?

In games and benchmarks the core goes to 1280mhz with the +150 setting.
Don't know about 24/7 but its been fine most of the day.

I tried +175 and it crashed, not tried anything in between and not played with voltage yet.

Got mine today, rather pleased with it purely on noise basis coming from a 6970!

Size comparison

First time it came to life

6970 CF Heaven bench

680 Heaven bench

Considering the heat/noise and power consumption difference I'm rather happy. Only managed to get +100 on the core clock anything more it seems to crash with +120% power, got the memory at +350 with no problems.

Any of you guys getting strange performance in Skyrim with latest driver using this card? gpu useage keeps going around 50-60%.....so fps doesn't go high as it should yet in BF3 the fps is really good.

In games and benchmarks the core goes to 1280mhz with the +150 setting.
Don't know about 24/7 but its been fine most of the day.

I tried +175 and it crashed, not tried anything in between and not played with voltage yet.

That is awesome. Can't wait to watercool mine and up the voltage.

I read somewhere there was no software level voltage control so adjustments might not actually do anything at all?

I think you are right, I just set the slider all the way to the max (1.215v) and it will not let you have any more than 1.175v when you hit Set, which it uses anyway on 132%.

Got me a EVGA GTX 680!

Should I be concerned if when I click 'optimise settings' on games such as BF3 and Crysis and they lower to medium at a low res?

Last edited:
Tell me, which games can't be run smoothly on 580GTX at 1080p with all settings at highest ? I can't think of any games.... then I don't see any reason to click the order button.

waiting for 780GTX.

Well no game can stress a 580 unless you got 15 monitors, But then again no one in their right mind would upgrade every new series because tbh the 480's are still good as consoles hold the games back in today's world.

But if anyone upgraded from a 580 > 680 well then.. they just bought it so they can say "i have a 680GTX" no other reason.

Even the 780GTX will hardly be that big of an upgrade from a 580 imo.. but we will see.. Its all just hiked up so people buy them.

But for someone like me who has a U2711 running off of a x1800XT i think i may buy one :P lol

Well no game can stress a 580 unless you got 15 monitors, But then again no one in their right mind would upgrade every new series because tbh the 480's are still good as consoles hold the games back in today's world.

But if anyone upgraded from a 580 > 680 well then.. they just bought it so they can say "i have a 680GTX" no other reason.

Even the 780GTX will hardly be that big of an upgrade from a 580 imo.. but we will see.. Its all just hiked up so people buy them.

But for someone like me who has a U2711 running off of a x1800XT i think i may buy one :P lol

I don't even know where to start with some of these statements. What a load of total rubbish.

120hz.
3D Gaming.
Multi Monitor setups.

I've gained about 25-30fps in BF3, now getting 80-100fps(most maps it's 100) average or so on most maps on ultra without AA with my cpu at 4ghz so saying going from 580>680 just for that point you say is ignorant, anyone who plays fps games to a decent level will tell you 25-30fps is quite a nice difference and on a 120hz panel you need as much as possible.

I wouldn't of upgraded if i was still on a 60hz monitor though since GTX580 handles that fps on any game really and i also wanted the extra vram for 3D.

Got say the fan is extremely good on this card....very very quiet and the cooling is best i've experienced on a Nvidia reference card.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom