• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So whos gone and got a 680 gtx then?

Been running benchies since i got it :)

2quq4w6.jpg

Thats with a [email protected].. need to try some of those game things now.

just ordered my 680 a hour ago cant wait for it to come :) my first ever gpu lol how long do yous think it will take to come? i just payed £10 for the standard post

Hhhnnnnggggghhhhh ...... I completely forgot about the part where these support tri SLI and I have a rampage III extreme ...... Musnt buy any yet!!!!

Well after tonight's testing.

I can safely say I'm glad I dropped my unlocked 6950's xfire for a single 680.

I spent only a hour messing with the overclock and managed to get very nice results and was already gaming :)

and on top of that I have buyers for my 6950's :D

Not sure if serious.

Why? :confused::confused:

Because I had a 580 which I bought second hand so had no warranty,

So I sold it for £270.

And bought a brand new gigabyte windforce 6970 for £200 with Deus Ex included, thought it was a decent price and I like to know that if it screws up i'll be covered with a warranty. Plus £200 is pretty good value for the performance. - I probably wont even notice a difference between the two.

I've almost managed to change from a 955 x4 phenom, crosshair III mobo and a 580 to a 2500k Gigabyte Ud4 and 6970 and not really spending a thing, just got to wait for it to arrive now. :)

Last edited:
Because I had a 580 which I bought second hand so had no warranty,

So I sold it for £270.

And bought a brand new gigabyte windforce 6970 for £200 with Deus Ex included, thought it was a decent price and I like to know that if it screws up i'll be covered with a warranty. Plus £200 is pretty good value for the performance. - I probably wont even notice a difference between the two.

I've almost managed to change from a 955 x4 phenom, crosshair III mobo and a 580 to a 2500k Gigabyte Ud4 and 6970 and not really spending a thing, just got to wait for it to arrive now. :)

£200 sounds like a great price :P

Same - I've not overclocked it yet and to be honest, I'm not interested in benchmarks more than real game performance.

It didn't drop under 60 FPS on BF3 with max settings (true maximum!) that I could tell. Was most the time hovering around 80-90 so I expect to get a little higher with some overclocking.

Ordered 2 of these and also 2 7950s and struggling to decide which order to cancel. The 7950s are about £120 less and should perform more or less the same at my res (1440P) but I do find nVidia's software to be much more to my liking. Tough call!

Back
Top Bottom