• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So whos gone and got a 680 gtx then?

Ordered an EVGA one. IMHO the best OEM for warranty/support, and the price was pretty low for a GTX 680 too.

I still think the cards (680's and 7970's) are overpriced by ~£100, but I caved in (in head vs heart battles, heart usally wins).

edit: I think the main reason I caved in was because I expected the 680 to be much slower than the 7970 once overclocked. As all reviews show both cards are essentially the same after overclocking, I bit the bullet. Things like Physx and turbo boost may be marmite for some, but like extra freebies nonetheless. I do also think NVidia drivers are more stabe (especially initial releases), but I know others differ.

Last edited:
Should put up a user review thread with a list of stuff for people to report on the clocks attained, temperatures, benchmark scores, etc.

I won't do it because I haven't bought one :p

So where are all the pictures of these cards that were delivered today then?

Took some photo's on my Iphone so sorry for the crapness.

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

I will bench some tonight but for now I am installing windows onto my Daughters boyfriends computer. :(

i ordered one, instead of the water cooling for now.
Is it better to uninstall the gtx 580 drivers with the card out of the machine?

Uninstall drivers? the 580 uses the same unified nVidia driver as all the other cards. It should be just a straight swap of cards. Then run the updated drivers as normal :)

I didn't get no Haribo! :( haha

Anyway just tried some BF3 on it, very impressed even hit 120fps sometimes on Ultra in Metro with 4xmsaa enabled even.....without i hit it more often but fps was very high nearly all the time.Caspian Border never seemed to drop below 60fps! without AA enabled only post high on but still nice. :)

Temp idle was 33c and load 67c max after BF3 which is great for a reference high end card.By the way adaptive vsync worth using on a 120hz panel?

I didn't get no Haribo! :( haha

Anyway just tried some BF3 on it, very impressed even hit 120fps sometimes on Ultra in Metro with 4xmsaa enabled even.....without i hit it more often but fps was very high nearly all the time.Caspian Border never seemed to drop below 60fps! without AA enabled only post high on but still nice. :)

Temp idle was 33c and load 67c max after BF3 which is great for a reference high end card.By the way adaptive vsync worth using on a 120hz panel?

5UB must have packed your order! :D

Back
Top Bottom