• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So whos gone and got a 680 gtx then?

680's will perform better when drivers settle down for SLI 680's. There's more power in them than the 7950. But value for money in that kind of bracket, I don't think you can beat the 7950's to be honest as long as you're prepared to overclock them. They offer a huge headroom for overclocking.

Ordered 2 of these and also 2 7950s and struggling to decide which order to cancel. The 7950s are about £120 less and should perform more or less the same at my res (1440P) but I do find nVidia's software to be much more to my liking. Tough call!

I would go with the 7950's but for you i would go for your preffered nvidia. You may feel like you are missing something if you dont go with the gtx680's. Its more money but it will definately suit you better if you prefer nvidias software.

At these kind of prices why compromise.

I would go with the 7950's but for you i would go for your preffered nvidia. You may feel like you are missing something if you dont go with the gtx680's. Its more money but it will definately suit you better if you prefer nvidias software.

At these kind of prices why compromise.

I appreciate the input but £120 is not to be sniffed at, which is making the decision so tough! :o

i want one so bad and i cant sell my 7970 until about 2 weeks as my IRL mate is buying it! i so hope my footy bets come in tomorrow so i can a EVGA one!

PLEASE GOD LET THEM BETS COME IN!

i'm tempted to replace crossfire 5870s for 680 now :(

Is there much point waiting for custom cooled ones? Also do you reckon the cards will drop to £400 mark any time soon?

i want one so bad and i cant sell my 7970 until about 2 weeks as my IRL mate is buying it! i so hope my footy bets come in tomorrow so i can a EVGA one!

PLEASE GOD LET THEM BETS COME IN!

You'd have to be mad to swap a 7970 for a 680, when overclocked there is nothing between the cards

Guys if one of you is into FSX and gets a 680 to replace a 580, can you give us an idea how the performance is please. I know the new drivers may be a problem with FSX so state your findings. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom