Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

SBo

SBo

Associate
Why wouldn't you fix for 12 months on Octopus Go? Ie 40p/kw at worst and charge at 7.5p/kw.

Depending on how much battery you have, feels like a no brainer??
Yes because I can’t be on GO and Agile. So lock in 7.5p kwh for my daily charge and use that during the day.

Or

Stay on Agile, take a gamble on being able to export 10kwh at at least 62.5p daily, export my full battery at peak times and draw my consumption from the grid. Potentially a cheaper outcome.

Soldato
Hopefully the installers can get everything they need to get done tomorrow to have the system operational! :)

Exciting stuff! interested to see how the panels and battery perform in a standard September.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Hopefully the installers can get everything they need to get done tomorrow to have the system operational! :)

Exciting stuff! interested to see how the panels and battery perform in a standard September.

We (that have recently joined the solar club) want one of them 'Indian Summers' to be the standard September! :D

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Hate the summer heat (though solar + AC will be a good combo going forwards) but right now it's pretty pleasant, bright but not too hot. If it stays like this all month I won't moan :)

Yeah its never too hot where I live, we are always up to 5 degrees cooler than London way. The panels also work better when its sunny and not so extreme hot. The diverter has been like a champion, rather impressed with it.

Associate
A sunnier or damper area than Ron-ski....
Just got our solar commissioned today! It's great! It's like magic!

One tiny question for anyone with the Givenergy app - how do I set it to charge the battery from the grid?
I've set the charge mode to solar + grid and set the time range to now, but it doesn't appear to be charging.

Sure I'm missing something!

Associate
A sunnier or damper area than Ron-ski....
FYI if anyone's on Octopus Go and you have an EV then you can also switch to Intelligent Octopus. I'm doing it now. Same rates but the 7.5p overnight is for 6 hours (11.30pm - 5.30pm) instead of 4.

I tried that and it said not available yet - what EV charger / car have you got? Something about my combination meant it wasn't possible!

Soldato

One tiny question for anyone with the Givenergy app - how do I set it to charge the battery from the grid?
I've set the charge mode to solar + grid and set the time range to now, but it doesn't appear to be charging.

My system is also commissioned today, the battery discharges and now is charging up fully as part of the commissioning process automatically, I think after that it's business as usual.

Has yours been through the discharge/full charge process once?

I found some settings for charging off-peak in the web version, and from there you can configure some settings on the "My Inverter" bit.

Soldato

What have you setup in the timed charge?

If it was only setup today you'll probably be unable to use it until tomorrow as the battery needs time to balance etc

Back
Top Bottom