Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

I have the app says - 52W from Solar - 64W from Grid - House using 85w - Battery 100% 17w

Screenshot_2022-11-28_12-35-49-971.png

Go look at the panels make sure nothing is shading them.

Beyond that, if it's sunny then that is really poor and I'd say something is wrong. Even some shading shouldn't destroy the generation that badly.

I have 13 370W panels and it's ticking along at 2.4kw generation currently.

Last edited:
My DNO is approved, just waiting for installers to become available. Away with work for a few days and I've stated I want to be in for the install.

Hoping before Christmas but I doubt it will be.

Something doesn't seem right, @katie279 is in Scotland (Highlands I think, but not sure), and with 7.5kw of panels had generated around 5kWh by 11:15 yesterday.

Can't see the detail in the picture its too small.
In Perth & Kinross actually, so not quite the highlands! ;)

Agree though - 12.52kwh today also, seems low!

Another silly money session tomorrow for anyone on agile, same time period as today and over £1 per KW. My battery is currently at 30% after dumping 10KW today which should see me through till tomorrow. If it isn't full by 14:00 tomorrow, I will top it up at 33p a KW ready to dump another 10KW at 16:30. It feels a bit wrong to be taking advantage like this though. But I guess I am helping to balance the grid somewhat, and shifting demand.

Another silly money session tomorrow for anyone on agile, same time period as today and over £1 per KW. My battery is currently at 30% after dumping 10KW today which should see me through till tomorrow. If it isn't full by 14:00 tomorrow, I will top it up at 33p a KW ready to dump another 10KW at 16:30. It feels a bit wrong to be taking advantage like this though. But I guess I am helping to balance the grid somewhat, and shifting demand.

They specifically don't forbid it, and during the saving sessions they pay up to £2 per kwh saved, so giving you £1 is at a discount to what it sounds like it would cost to produce that same kwh.

In short - I think you're clear to do this, and they won't mind because if they did they would lower how much they pay. They probably have a deal with National Grid to cover the extra.

Last edited:
Sun and blue skies here in mid Wales close to the coast, looks the same for most of the week :)

Most of November has been poor though, will have the figures for the month from the rental 3.5kw install tomorrow evening.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom