Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

One more day and we can all see just how bad this November has been.

Be interesting to post total generated, and also total/Kw of panels = X, where X is the amount of kWh per Kw of panels.

One more sunny day left here :p, I'll post up the full month tomorrow night, I want to see how the first month with the new Fronius inverter does.

Agree - it works nicely with Home Assistant too (which lets me tweak the 'optimism' of the forecast!).

I'd say to not vouch much for the daily forecasts, weekly are vaguely correct and monthly is where you should be making your 'money saved' predictions.... seems pretty accurate over the span of a month so far.

Clouded over here now, still fairly bright but no Sun.

Frost here again this morning, temp just creeping up to 8C at 1pm.

Only 3 weeks to go now to the shortest day/midwinter. :)

Thanks for sending the sun over to the East finally, been terrible here for days and yesterday felt like twilight!
Managed about 0.3kw yesterday from 5.4kw array!

Agree - it works nicely with Home Assistant too (which lets me tweak the 'optimism' of the forecast!).

I'd say to not vouch much for the daily forecasts, weekly are vaguely correct and monthly is where you should be making your 'money saved' predictions.... seems pretty accurate over the span of a month so far.

I'd be keen to see that. At the moment mine doesn't really show much of a forecast:

1669815326003.png

If I compare that to the dashboard:

1669815536126.png

Thanks for sending the sun over to the East finally, been terrible here for days and yesterday felt like twilight!
Managed about 0.3kw yesterday from 5.4kw array!
Thats Ok, we'll have it back tomorrow and you can have your fog/mist back :p

80/20 cloud sun so not bad here at least none of the fog issues, may it continue :)
Temps are dropping already today, just holding on to 7C @2pm

Back
Top Bottom