Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

137kwh, not bad considering the amount of shading I have and lack of optimisers. Know I should be able to use off peak charging for pretty much all my usage when my current deal runs out!

Last edited:
I'd be keen to see that. At the moment mine doesn't really show much of a forecast:

If I compare that to the dashboard:

Hard to show as it's a) more a calc than a visual that I've been tuning and b) I've got energy stuff all over the place on my HA instance!

Few screengrabs of related elements below - forecast is in first one. In second you can see my weatherstation data which I'm using as an override (ie if weather forecast says sunny, but actual UV values are low or rainfall detected etc)
Need to build out my sankey flow further, bottom is just tracking 'energy villains' - ie lights left on for long periods.

AZkodgA.png 3yNOXg3.png I6GjdZY.png n3PGrlf.png TBlc4aj.png

Last edited:
Hard to show as it's a) more a calc than a visual that I've been tuning and b) I've got energy stuff all over the place on my HA instance!

Few screengrabs of related elements below - forecast is in first one. In second you can see my weatherstation data which I'm using as an override (ie if weather forecast says sunny, but actual UV values are low or rainfall detected etc)
Need to build out my sankey flow further, bottom is just tracking 'energy villains' - ie lights left on for long periods.

AZkodgA.png 3yNOXg3.png I6GjdZY.png n3PGrlf.png TBlc4aj.png

Very nice but main question is who or what is Mimi, someone/thing nocturnal? Maybe a vampire? ;)

Very nice but main question is who or what is Mimi, someone/thing nocturnal? Maybe a vampire? ;)
Hehehehehe! That's my daughter who's 6 and is sure there's a monster in her cupboard, so I leave the light on (dimmed through the night) - I can live with the slight expensive vs her waking me up again at 2am!

Deary me Ronski.... you really need to finish that new array.... ;)
Yes I do, but things are causing hold ups.

11.7 today wrapping up a pleasant 203.91kWh for November....!

Ah, but you left of a calculation, 203.91/7.5 = 27.188kWh per Kw of panels, in dull, damp wet Kent, in my worse November I still made 30.09kWh per Kw of panels ;)

Yes I do, but things are causing hold ups.

Ah, but you left of a calculation, 203.91/7.5 = 27.188kWh per Kw of panels, in dull, damp wet Kent, in my worse November I still made 30.09kWh per Kw of panels ;)

Typical male eh? Always an excuse.... all you're proving is that size matters..... ;)

PS really need to look up my company production - given they're in around 2000 sites and well into solar, that'll wheesht you! ;)

@SoliD What size solar array have you got?

Typical male eh? Always an excuse.... all you're proving is that size matters.....

But it makes the results more comparative.

PS really need to look up my company production - given they're in around 2000 sites and well into solar, that'll wheesht you!

I'd still want to know the per kw of panel production though, just because I'm male and awkward :D

@SoliD What size solar array have you got?

But it makes the results more comparative.

I'd still want to know the per kw of panel production though, just because I'm male and awkward :D
Yeah, yeah - so if you're racing cars, you would divide everyone's speed by the amount of cylinders. Usain bolt isn't actually that fast as you'd divide his speed by the length of his legs etc..... ;)

Back
Top Bottom