Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

But were not racing cars, we're comparing the power production of solar panels, and to make the playing field level and a fair comparison for everyone you need to take size out of the equation, its as simple as that :p

Currently Welshman is the highest at 34.6kWh
Wales is winning at something :confused:

Post mine up in a couple of hours, when they come in.

But were not racing cars, we're comparing the power production of solar panels, and to make the playing field level and a fair comparison for everyone you need to take size out of the equation, its as simple as that :p

Currently Welshman is the highest at 34.6kWh
Heheheh! Just teasing you!

I'm especially comfortable if Welshman is winning!

Holy carp
Just look at my forecast and the far edge is Tuesday 13th Dec, heavy snow showers

I am guessing that would hit generation somewhat ;)

The installer for my other system (10years ago now) said his best ever day was with his panels covered in 1 inch of snow and a clear sky through the next day after the snow passed through the night.

You might get a great day if it's a cold clear day after the snow passes. :)

Last edited:
I generated what I thought was a measly 157kWh from a 4.8 so that works out at 32.7 per kW of panel. But compared to others its not so bad :D

Last edited:
@SoliD What size solar array have you got?

But it makes the results more comparative.

I'd still want to know the per kw of panel production though, just because I'm male and awkward :D
6.2 array. From what I can see 8 of the 17 panels are in the shade for pretty much all of the day for the last 2 weeks with 4 of those on the lower string been in shade for most of the day from early October.

The installer for my other system (10years ago now) said his best ever day was with his panels covered in 1 inch of snow and a clear sky through the next day after the snow passed through the night.

You might get a great day if it's a cold clear day after the snow passes. :)

I guess it can happen, although late snow into say March (I mean it can happen into May even) would mean quite strong sun as well

It could be my best day as well I suppose, since I only had the solar running since last week ;)

My main issue is I am west facing, and to my south are some 3 storey town houses that are partially blocking the mid day sun now, (starts above then dips below then come bac round the side) so I expect my generation to be pretty pants until probably mid Jan
They didnt block mid oct, so somewhere between mid oct and last week this situation arose, so hence my mid Jan or so expectation

Solar panelists (hmm is there a special word for us :D:D:D if not we should invent one) must be the only people wishing for snow in June ;)

Back
Top Bottom