Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

A whopping 25quid saved this month from Solar :D based upon my current 19.5p/kwh tarriff. Good data and confirmation I will be able to use off peak charging to supply pretty much all of my demand!

Edit - sorry 27quid, forgot VAT :D

Last edited:
A whopping 25quid saved this month from Solar :D based upon my current 19.5p/kwh tarriff. Good data and confirmation I will be able to use off peak charging to supply pretty much all of my demand!

Feel my pain of the inverter dying and not replaced for three months in the Summer, lost must be 1000 units @0.23p a unit
Still have sleepless nights over it lol :cry:

Last edited:

It all adds up. Accrue that over a year and you end up with a decent figure. That's an extra takeaway or 1/4 tank of fuel that you won't have to worry about! :D

Agree on roof pitch and system age.

I think I must have a very good angle as it does produce very good numbers. It's a 4k array but only a 3k inverter, installed in 2012.

I'm figuring if we can keep throwing spreadsheet updates at him, he'll have no time to finish his new solar install and avoid creeping up the table....

Thats not going to work, but the weather might just hold things up, but there's still stuff I can do inside the garage come the weekend.

I'm currently working from home - brought Covid back from my holiday :mad:

Happy to add a county location if people want it added - just post a message, please add my location as ________ to the chart.

Thats not going to work, but the weather might just hold things up, but there's still stuff I can do inside the garage come the weekend.

Happy to add a county location if people want it added - just post a message, please add my location as ________ to the chart.
Sunny Perth & Kinross!

Last edited:

My Location as Gwent......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom