Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

So I've just had my supplier on the phgone. due to current stock issues the FoxESS 2.6KWh Batteries are not in stock until January, despite me being told they were in stock when I agreed to the quote, and I'm not being offered the 2.5KWh of the newer FoxESS battery at the same price. Whilst its only 300W difference in total storage capacity, I'm not sure what I should do, as they can potentially get me booked in for installation on Monday if I'm happy with the newer battery.

On average using around 15KW per day.

So I've just had my supplier on the phgone. due to current stock issues the FoxESS 2.6KWh Batteries are not in stock until January, despite me being told they were in stock when I agreed to the quote, and I'm not being offered the 2.5KWh of the newer FoxESS battery at the same price. Whilst its only 300W difference in total storage capacity, I'm not sure what I should do, as they can potentially get me booked in for installation on Monday if I'm happy with the newer battery.

On average using around 15KW per day.
i would get it booked in and start the production process, is 300watts really much when using 15kwh a day

i would get it booked in and start the production process, is 300watts really much when using 15kwh a day
In the grand scheme of things no, but I'm more miffed after waiting 4 months I have to have that slightly smaller capacity when I was told all stock was in

new batteries for reference are the Fox MIRA HV25 compared to the HV2600 I was originally quoted for

Last edited:
In the grand scheme of things no, but I'm more miffed after waiting 4 months I have to have that slightly smaller capacity when I was told all stock was in

new batteries for reference are the Fox MIRA HV25 compared to the HV2600 I was originally quoted for
yeh i would be too, but it can happen and with price increases the way they are currently. i would get them fitted and not lose more time waiting

@john_smith You must be earning some nice FITS payment with a system of that age, what did it cost back then?

Mine was roughly £6k in 2015, and finally paid for itself this year due to the increase in electricity costs, otherwise it would have taken a bit longer.

Approx 14k installed. Just done my fit reading this morning actually. I’m up to 30p a unit now. Yep 30p for everything I generate….even though I use it all.

Approx 14k installed. Just done my fit reading this morning actually. I’m up to 30p a unit now. Yep 30p for everything I generate….even though I use it all.

Our April 2013 install pays 0.1986P a unit +50% of deemed export @0.0599 so just under 23p a unit for everything generated.

Your install must be before mine John.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom