Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

And ignore mine. I'm in a weird weather ecosystem! :D

Screenshot_20221206-135944.png

Though doing ok today.

I think it's just a case that your panels are in a great location for it, less than half of mine are pulling more than half of the output due to location, I did 7 kwh today, but if I had my south facing ones twice over I'd be hitting better numbers, also did basically nothing before 11AM as that's when sun popped out.

7 is fine though I'd take that any December day :)

Last edited:
I think it's just a case that your panels are in a great location for it, less than half of mine are pulling more than half of the output due to location, I did 7 kwh today, but if I had my south facing ones twice over I'd be hitting better numbers, also did basically nothing before 11AM as that's when sun popped out.

7 is fine though I'd take that any December day :)

Yeah I know we're very lucky with where we're situated - but also, it just proves that even in winter, if we you have the right set up and are lucky to be south facing etc.. even in the UK you can generate decent energy.

Heheheh! I've had some dreadful days too... think few points:
- perfectly south facing roof with good pitch
- 18 x 410w panels covering that roof
- zero shade, so panels are perfectly exposed
- we are at the side of a mountain that makes us an unusually sunny spot - solar installers pointed this out that it was one of the sunniest spots in Scotland.

Other than that, just fluke!

Back
Top Bottom