Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

From memory I thinks it 5.5p 50% deemed export, so I get paid for 50% of what the FITS system generates, and over the year we do export about half. Of course that will change once the new system comes online. I'll have to review my options then depending on how much we export through out the year.

That looks so much better, that space was made for it.
yeh 5.5p is low to be fair....... glad i got the octopus fixed at 15p when i got mine fitted, but i will be looking at batteries for next winter i think, to try and lower as much grid as we can

You will drink it, and you will like it!

Would you believe it, they still aren’t done… better make some more coffee!

@Ron-ski yeah it is the perfect size, I think I’ll make good use of it and ultimately the batteries are super portable so were I to move before the payback period either the new buyers can pay a little extra to keep them or they come with me!

Last edited:
Would you believe it, they still aren’t done… better make some more coffee!

@Ron-ski yeah it is the perfect size, I think I’ll make good use of it and ultimately the batteries are super portable so were I to move before the payback period either the new buyers can pay a little extra to keep them or they come with me!

Yep I'd consider taking my battery as well if I moved and new buyers didn't want it, but it's quite far away from my future thinking right now.

Its not so much don't want it as opposed to don't want to pay for it, I would suspect. The old "they will never take that with them logic"
I would be having my inverter, mate box, batteries, and solar diverter uninstalled and just leave the panels if I was selling and we couldn't agree a fair price

Although if it was "end of life" (ie 10 years old or so) and had paid itself back, maybe not
When I have paid my solar back, few more years ;) unless we get a savings session every day for 2 months, any benefit will be hived off to solar fund for new/more investment

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom