Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

Total damage:

Code:
10 X Jinko Tiger Neo N-type 54HL4R 440W Black Framed Panels
Price includes all cable & electrical sundries
(15yr Product Warranty – 30yr Linear Power Warranty)

Sunsynk 3.6kW ECCO Hybrid Inverter
(10yr Manufacturer warranty)

5.12kWh Sunsynk Battery Storage (90% Usable)

Emlite NET Gen meter
Roof Mounting Kit
Wi-Fi Dongle for Cloud Access
Bird Protection + Installation

Design, Installation & Setup
All Certification - MCS, DNO, Part P & Hies IBG
Free Site Survey prior to installation
Free Online Monitoring

Goods & Services Sub Total: £6,385.00
Scaffolding: £500.00
VAT @ 0%: £0.00
Total: £6,885.00

Last edited:
Total damage:

Code:
10 X Jinko Tiger Neo N-type 54HL4R 440W Black Framed Panels
Price includes all cable & electrical sundries
(15yr Product Warranty – 30yr Linear Power Warranty)

Sunsynk 3.6kW ECCO Hybrid Inverter

5.12kWh Sunsynk Battery Storage (90% Usable)

Emlite NET Gen meter
Roof Mounting Kit
Wi-Fi Dongle for Cloud Access
Bird Protection + Installation

Design, Installation & Setup
All Certification - MCS, DNO, Part P & Hies IBG
Free Site Survey prior to installation
Free Online Monitoring

Goods & Services Sub Total: £6,385.00
Scaffolding: £500.00
VAT @ 0%: £0.00
Total: £6,885.00

Bird netting?

Sorry having problems posting that.

Anyway, and idea what's going on here given the battery was discharged this morning.

Screenshot-20240212-184319.png

Screenshot-20240212-184302.png

Last edited:
Hi folks - I'm looking for some guidance setting up solar export payments please?

I've had my solar & battery storage installed for around 1.5 years now but didn't bother setting up export as the payments were low and I used most of the energy.I understand export is paying a little more now and it's likely I'll be exporting more energy over the coming summer.

I'm currently on Octopus Intelligent - what info do I need to setup export and where/how do I do it?

Last edited:
Assuming you have DNO and MCS info, you should be able to apply online with Octopus for the export tariff. There is a form to fill in and upload stuff to for it.

Your installer should have provided you with both, if they're not an MCS accredited one it becomes more of a challenge, though Octopus have started allowing non-MCS ones to work as far as I understand it.

DNO stuff should exist at a minimum though, as you'd need either G98 or G99 on install.

Hi folks - I'm looking for some guidance setting up solar export payments please?

I've had my solar & battery storage installed for around 1.5 years now but didn't bother setting up export as the payments were low and I used most of the energy.I understand export is paying a little more now and it's likely I'll be exporting more energy over the coming summer.

I'm currently on Octopus Intelligent - what info do I need to setup export and where/how do I do it?

Octopus should be able to help you
First stage is registering with the DNO so you have an export MPAN as well as an import

Edit, yes as hippo mentions above.
You may even already have an export MPAN but its just never been used for anything, the first thing they will do is search the register to see if one can be identified for you.

Last edited:
Sorry having problems posting that.

Anyway, and idea what's going on here given the battery was discharged this morning.
It’s a bug, the correct numbers are at the top of the web portal. None of the graphs add up.

One of the givenergy guys posted on BoomerBook that they are working on a fix - they didn’t give a time line.

Edit: that is both the graphs in the web portal or the app don’t add up. But the daily totals at the top of the web portal are correct.

Last edited:
SEG application provisionally approved by EON today...just awaiting my export MPAN which will take another week or so until I'm live
16.5p/kwh from EON
thinking of jumping to their next.drive (eco 7) tariff once the new price cap is in place at the end of next month and get another battery pack to make a 10kwh battery system
charge at night and sell in the day time

only thing i'm wondering is if there is any advantage to jumping to octopus. eon's SEG and eco 7 prices are very competitive even comparing to octopus
i don't want to micromanage my panels/battery...i just want to set and forget and have it just work

My DNO came through yesterday but not 100% sure on where to go, my import tariff is currently with Scottish Power, was looking at taking a 12m fixed with Octopus and then their 15kWH fixed export.

I don’t have an electric car, house is air source heating so all electric use no gas, oil etc.

We have a 6.4kWH system, 5.6kWh inverter and 11.6kWH batteries.

My DNO came through yesterday but not 100% sure on where to go, my import tariff is currently with Scottish Power, was looking at taking a 12m fixed with Octopus and then their 15kWH fixed export.

I don’t have an electric car, house is air source heating so all electric use no gas, oil etc.

We have a 6.4kWH system, 5.6kWh inverter and 11.6kWH batteries.
Octopus and tracker or agile in winter and flux in summer probably best. Cosy also an option with ASHP but not very competitive pricing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom