Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

Soldato
Out of interest, has anyone just gone batteries only, it could work if you don't want solar

Like a 13.5-19kwh battery setup

Charge at cheap rate at night and deplete in the day, rinse and repeat and even dump to the grid before cheap rate

Obviously the solar is a bonus but the above should work out nicely

Be interested to know if anyone has done this
Plenty do but you are very reliant on very specific time of use tariffs to make it work. I’d say the short term risk of that changing is low but we don’t know how that will play out in the longer term.

I’d say don’t spend a whack load of cash on something like a Tesla power wall unless you are planning to add solar later, keep it cheap and use a frogstar unit and you’ll see the rewards more quickly.

Soldato
A while ago when i was researching, a supplier tried to flog some no name luxpower batteries, 4 x 3.2kw hanchu? for about £5.5k iirc, can't remember the inverter, he said it should keep your bills down to < £50 p/m, he said to heat the hot tub in the cheap rate only

He said they were not water proof and to install them indoors under the stairs :eek:

Got me thinking lol

Associate
So the good installers from this thread from what I've seen so far:

- Spectra Solar
- Solar4good
- Myenergy Solutions

Any more for any more?
I'm using Google search and looking at amount of Google reviews and rating. I'm moving down south (all the way at the bottom) and many named companies don't cover the area.

Soldato
I'm using Google search and looking at amount of Google reviews and rating. I'm moving down south (all the way at the bottom) and many named companies don't cover the area.

Give them a shout, they did my install and were cheapest by far and quality work

Do all around UK, see their FB

Associate

Give them a shout, they did my install and were cheapest by far and quality work

Do all around UK, see their FB
Thank you !! Don't have Facebook but Mrs does , will have a look.

Soldato
I was considering that. Didnt make finances work though. The ROI on battery only is longer than a system with PV+ battery

It's interesting if you look at the value in export only at 15ppkWh, using the figure from the other page of about £860 per kWp installed, then you only need to export 5700kWh to pay for each kWp installed.

Soldato
@Ron-ski

The strings connected to your house Ron :cry:

FB-IMG-1721337984445.jpg

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
Soldato
These guys did mine. Very happy with my install, I went with them mainly because of their excellent reviews and established name (lots of cowboys around). Email they sent recently shows some very good pricing.

j9QaCXv.png

Back
Top Bottom