• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SOME RYZEN 7 1700 OVERCLOCKING!

Soldato
You sure you've set all of your options correctly? They all seemed to be binned pretty similarly so it could be something elementary. Can upload some shots of my BIOS if you want and see if they work for you. Same board and RAM from what I can see too.

What cooler you have? The wraith cooler couldn't cut it above 3.85/3.9 for me, was getting in to mid/high 70's and sounded like a 747!

I needed more voltage to pass the RB stress test @ 15 minutes, was crashing at 5 mins on 1.375, needed 1.395 though will see if i can steal some back the other way now.

Pretty sure its the max I can get but I'd like to see yours too just to compare thank you!
I'm using a corsair h100i so temps aren't really an issue. 1.395v is what I am at now with 3.9 though that is solid for me. Passes 8 hours of realbench and 10 hours of AIDA. It seems no matter what I try this chip doesn't want to go 4.0.
Not that 100mhz makes a great deal of difference from the benchmarks I've seen. I think the greater increases will come when the bios's are fully working and *hopefully* we can use 3400 ram

Associate
You sure you've set all of your options correctly? They all seemed to be binned pretty similarly so it could be something elementary. Can upload some shots of my BIOS if you want and see if they work for you. Same board and RAM from what I can see too.

What cooler you have? The wraith cooler couldn't cut it above 3.85/3.9 for me, was getting in to mid/high 70's and sounded like a 747!
Pretty sure its the max I can get but I'd like to see yours too just to compare thank you!
I'm using a corsair h100i so temps aren't really an issue. 1.395v is what I am at now with 3.9 though that is solid for me. Passes 8 hours of realbench and 10 hours of AIDA. It seems no matter what I try this chip doesn't want to go 4.0.
Not that 100mhz makes a great deal of difference from the benchmarks I've seen. I think the greater increases will come when the bios's are fully working and *hopefully* we can use 3400 ram

What CB score do you get at 3.9?

Associate
My ram is stuck at 2666. I can boot at 2933 but its not stable no matter what I try.

Ah, 3200 here. Corsair Vengeance LPX (Hynix), feeding 1.4v otherwise stock, had them at 3260 on lower multiplyer but unsure how I'll do at 4.0.

Also, unsure how significant lower CAS timings are versus MHz.

Soldato
Soldato
This is one thing with overclockers, their RAM selection and prices always seem off compared to most other places. They generally spot on with GPU and CPU etc but yeah.

Plus they don't stick G.Skill so I will have to look elsewhere as I've found after the last dozen or so systems they generally seem strongest when eaking out the last few MHz or getting tighter timings.

I find corsair good but it's much more mix bag in what performance you get.

Associate
Managed to complete RB Stress test @ 4023mhz / 3220 using very small BCLK increase (100.4). CPU reached 62 deg at its max using a high fan profile.

CB score - 1770

TPBf9hi.jpg

Initially tried 102 but crashed after 4 mins of RB stress, so will go try 101. Still have voltage set at 1.396 and 1.4 respectively. Hard to say but I think if I put voltage to 1.4+ I could squeeze between 4.1 and 4.2, but I really don't want voltage that high.

Associate
I've settled on my 24/7 clocks.

3.81Ghz @ 1.28v. Gives a 1633 on Cinebench and is 4 hours Realbench stable. For me, I'll just use the machine as I normally would now and if it remains stable, all good. She will clock to 3.9 (not tried any higher) but that needs a big increase of volt to 1.35. Don't feel that 100 mhz is worth the extra volts.

Edit: temps sit a 55' load and 28 (ish) idle.

Soldato
Managed to complete RB Stress test @ 4023mhz / 3220 using very small BCLK increase (100.4). CPU reached 62 deg at its max using a high fan profile.

CB score - 1770

TPBf9hi.jpg

Initially tried 102 but crashed after 4 mins of RB stress, so will go try 101. Still have voltage set at 1.396 and 1.4 respectively. Hard to say but I think if I put voltage to 1.4+ I could squeeze between 4.1 and 4.2, but I really don't want voltage that high.

Well 1.45V is recommended max 24/7 volts from AMD although all good up to 1.55V warranty wise so sounds good so far :)

Soldato
Which do you guys recommend as the best cooling solution to get the best results ?

Highend Air (Thermalright true 140, noctua U14, D15) AIO )Cooler Master Seidon 240V, Corsair H100, Nzxt kraken ext) Custom

Just wanting to cool the CPU

Back
Top Bottom