Something went wrong, ordered a Mustang, yet ended up in a British hotrod, I blame OcUK!

Permabanned
Gantries are on 24/7 from what I've been told. Same with the ones on the pole.

Shame it got you, car looks much better with the new additions. It's crazy how subtle differences can make such a big impact.

No they’re not, but it’s harder to tell now.

Something like 2/3 of them are empty shells... they move the actual cameras around.

Even the newer ones at the side of the road... one day I’ve seen people doing 100mph past then with no flash and the next day I’ve seen people do 85 and get flashed... no apparent rhyme or reason.

The only constant is supposed to be that when the reduced speed signs are illuminated, it should be on.

OcUK Staff
OP
It is for this reason that I just stick on cruise at 70mph on the motorway and don't touch it. Also saves me a ton of cash in fuel!

would have being no use as I was joining the motorway and moving from lane to lane, so getting upto speed, though I've discovered the car has a speed limiter feature, set it and once reached the throttle then has zero impact, could be useful but also maybe dangerous too if for what ever reason you need a spurt of acceleration to avoid something.

My guess is locals were aware as they were all sitting religiously at 70mph, no one was going faster.

Soldato
would have being no use as I was joining the motorway and moving from lane to lane, so getting upto speed, though I've discovered the car has a speed limiter feature, set it and once reached the throttle then has zero impact, could be useful but also maybe dangerous too if for what ever reason you need a spurt of acceleration to avoid something.

My guess is locals were aware as they were all sitting religiously at 70mph, no one was going faster.

The limiter on mine works the same unless you bury the throttle, which then overrides the setting automatically. I'd expect yours does the same.

By the way, your car looks great!

Soldato
Really like the new wheels and calipers. Gloss black wheels don’t work for me on any car really.

Edit: I’m sure you’ve mentioned before, but where do you go for your detailing?

Soldato
Not sure if true, but just saw this on FB:

*M1 : Speeding Cameras*

Just to let you know they are switching the speeding cameras on 24/7 today and if you go above 70mph when going down the M1 you will definitely get a speeding ticket, that’s the full stretch of the M1 all day every day and even when the signs of speed limits are not on.

Good luck all!

It was posted by the Bradford Times

Soldato
Was not me then, it only gets Vpower. :)

I was on A34 today and visited Shell and gave her a tank of Vpower, got nearly 400 miles to my last tank. :D

hmm could be shell, the one with the little Waitrose just done. Sure it was BP once

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

I may have posted this before, apologies if I have:

Watch it, see his smile, hear his giggles, its over a month later since I got mine, and every day I still make, giggle like that. I can't really offer you guys a review yet as I am still learning the car and though I've pushed it where I know is safe to do so, I am yet to properly put the car through its paces simply as temperatures have struggled to get much over 5c during my ownership and its being more or less permanently wet. However what I will say is in these conditions the car is playful but also very capable and the fact this car can be so much fun in a British Winter I think really is testament to the amazing job SVO and Jaguar have done in building a truly capable and every day sports car or supercar, no idea which one Jaguar class this as but most reviews seem to refer to it as a supercar and it truly is an everyday all weather one.

He comments on the automatic in his video and people here will know how picky I am over automatics and find most of them not intuitive enough in auto to use them in auto and then not responsive enough on the paddles. Well this has to be one of the first automatics I've had where I am quite happy to just leave the car in drive, its fast, smart and just does as you would expect whilst being smooth. Yet flick it over to paddles and it is practically as responsive as a DSG but with some added kick which if anything makes it more fun. No idea what Jaguar/SVO did with this ZF8 but they made a truly fantastic transmission out of it and for the first time I am not longing for a twin clutch style box or a manual.

One thing I will say is I collected my M3 on Friday, once everything was upto temperature and fresh petrol in the tank I drove the car hard and the M3 always felt quick, proper quick when my other car was the Mustang, they were very equal in acceleration due to the M3 being light and the M3 is still as quick as it was, but compared to the SVR it kind of felt slow, a throttle you have to work much harder due to their being far less torque is what makes the SVR feel so quick as the car accelerates so hard, so instantly due to the supercharger, the response is unreal. Also I found myself in the wet/greasy conditions battling understeer in the M3 and either had to trim my line or slow down and then use power, whereas the SVR just turns in and is wonderfully neutral through a corner, but it is this neutral feeling that does make me weary through a corner and not willing to push it too hard yet because when the car lets go it lets go like a RWD car and due to the short wheel base can feel a little snappy, it does seem progressive though but as the slide begins it feels a little snappy, though a trait the Michelin tyres have greatly improved over the Pzero, grip is now higher but also more progressive and more warning on limit.

The M3 on the other hand can be driven very hard through a corner once you have it turned in, the chassis balance and lightness makes that very easy, also when it comes to braking the M3 is truly in its own league but in fairness it has 300-400kg less to haul up and it has much larger brakes and calipers all round, so that is expected. But even driving the SVR quite carefully through the corners and braking a little early, the outright grip and power on corner exit would just see it shoot off into the distance, it really is a fantastic road car. I suspect on track even in the wet the M3 would eventually real it in as long as it was a track with corners and not crazy long straights, simply due to its lightness and very powerful brakes.

As crazy as it sounds the M3 and Mustang were quite similar drives, though the M3 had the better chassis and more grip, but they both felt similar to drive each with its advantages and good feelings. But driving the SVR really just feels like its in another world, it is truly special and truly capable.
Made me smile when I parked up and went to cash point, a load of teenagers were walking buy, they had no idea I was the owner and were all pointing and going WOW, that is awesome, what car is it and none of them had any idea what it is. :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Had the SVR professionally detailed yesterday by Oliver Sinclair owner of Driveby Detailing LTD in Stoke-on-Trent:

A full correction and 3 stage enhancement (paint cleanse, sealant & swissvax).

P1.jpg~original

P11.jpg~original

P2.jpg~original

P3.jpg~original

P4.jpg~original

P5.jpg~original

P6.jpg~original

P7.jpg~original

P8.jpg~original

P9.jpg~original

P10.jpg~original

P12.jpg~original

P13.jpg~original

P14.jpg~original

Just as the M3, over the moon with the results. :)

Back
Top Bottom