Something went wrong, ordered a Mustang, yet ended up in a British hotrod, I blame OcUK!

OcUK Staff
OP
Well after all the recent polishing and wax for the first time I truly got to see how the car looks in the sun today and boy does it look awesome, what a truly stunning car. Also it really turns heads as well being such a good looking car in such a bright colour.

Having just enjoyed seeing an SVR in Top Gear and of course pretty much my buddies Mustang also it only made sense to post up these images I took today. :)

IMG_4205.jpg~original

IMG_4206.jpg~original

IMG_4207.jpg~original

IMG_4208.jpg~original

IMG_4209.jpg~original

IMG_4212.jpg~original

IMG_4213.jpg~original

IMG_4215.jpg~original

IMG_4216.jpg~original

IMG_4218.jpg~original

IMG_4222.jpg~original

IMG_4224.jpg~original

IMG_4228.jpg~original

IMG_4232.jpg~original

IMG_4238.jpg~original

IMG_4239.jpg~original

IMG_4243.jpg~original

Really enjoying this car and I think the small little styling tweaks have worked so well with the orange calipers, black wheel centres and lug nuts. :)

Soldato
Love it. The proportions are just so damn right. It's also aggressive but not in a 'trying too hard' manner.

Is that a reversing camera in the rear bumper?

OcUK Staff
OP
Love it. The proportions are just so damn right. It's also aggressive but not in a 'trying too hard' manner.

Is that a reversing camera in the rear bumper?

Yes and blind spot detection camera to I believe which is a really useful system.

Stuff you think you will never need or use like heated wheels and the blind spot system you do not realise how useful they are until you have them. :)

Soldato
@Gibbo - I’m potentially looking at getting myself one of these.

I have a question which I’m hoping you can answer. On the standard car, you can hit a button and control the rear wing spoiler, I see you have the much larger spoiler, the cars I’ve looked at on AT which have these larger spoilers also have the button. Is this spoiler controllable/moveable?

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo - I’m potentially looking at getting myself one of these.

I have a question which I’m hoping you can answer. On the standard car, you can hit a button and control the rear wing spoiler, I see you have the much larger spoiler, the cars I’ve looked at on AT which have these larger spoilers also have the button. Is this spoiler controllable/moveable?

Yes the large spoiler defaults to active (always up from what I can tell) for more downforce.
If you press and hold the button for around 3s the car will enter Vmax200 mode which puts the active spoiler in its lowest position, so less downforce but improved acceleration and the ability to go over 200mph. I believe the SVR Coupe has being run as quick as 208mph in this mode, Jaguar claim 200mph top speed but it has actually gone faster.

I am unsure if Vmax200 adjust any other parameters on the car, some suggest it sharpens the gear change, but I've not noticed but at the same time I have hardly used this mode.

OcUK Staff
OP
Thank you for the fast response. When the snow settles down, I think I need to go and test drive one.

Take out a V6S RWD, then take out a V8 AWD. Then make your choice.
If your very brave, take out a V8 RWD. :D

They are all similar, but the SVR is cream of the crop, just lots of little extras that really make it a complete package and they are super rare cars in the UK, I've never seen one on the road before. :)

Soldato
My concern with that is that I may jump into the V6 and think “This is plenty” and then have regrets later down the line.

V8 RWD with this kind of power for me is a bit scary, and I’m used to the feel of AWD so for me the SVR would seem to be the weapon of choice.

I really like the look of these and can’t stop thinking about them. I’ve had a look on AT and carbon roof is nigh on impossible to find. That’s not a deal breaker for me though. I see there’s a facelift 2018 model with LED lights, but then to buy new is 120/130k - I’d rather save myself 50k and get a slightly older model.

If I get one, it will be for keeps, so someone will have a barn find in another 40 years!

Soldato
OcUK Staff
OP

A blue one appeared on Pistonheads yesterday, yes I check AT/PH daily to see whats happening in SVR market. It was dream spec, 17, 2k miles, ceramics, carbon pack, carbon roof. Was only £79999 which was way too cheap but it was private sale, had a big scuff on rear bumper and a TPMS failure, why they were simply not fixed on a 100k car unknown, I emailed the seller saying I think that is too cheap mate, he replied back few hours later you were right as a trader just took it off my hands. I am expecting to see it re-appear with the issues fixed and at 90k or higher.

Blue ones with carbon roof and carbon fixed spoiler seem to sell in hours, like I say it was a bit of a mad dash to get mine, the first one I missed out on due to a bitcoin millionaire, he is only 26 and now an SVR car friend and this one I had another guy trying to buy it over phone as I was giving my deposit.

Blue ones, carbon, fixed spoiler sell very quick, yet the other colours seem to sit around. There is a blue one that has been for sale since December, also 80k but has no carbon roof but even worse has no fixed spoiler and it seems they cannot move it. I think for re-sale deleting fixed carbon spoiler on an SVR is a very bad idea, they are nowhere near as desirable.

But maybe look at that blue one, as at the moment there are a couple of fixed spoilers on ebay (genuine) for £1500-£3000 so could be an option and I reckon they'd take 77-78k for it as they have it for three months now, be glad to see it gone. Then just put spoiler on, no idea how costly to do and programme in though as the fixed spoiler operates differently to the regular flap regular F Types have.

I'd say on an SVR most important criteria is:
- Blue
- Fixed spoiler
- Carbon ceramics
- Carbon roof
- Carbon design pack
- Winter pack (heated wheel, screen etc)

Any car that has the first two seem to sell within matter of days, cars that have all the above last hours. Like blue ones are being bought up.

I think the SVR in desirable specification will hold money better than I expected, the rarity really helps though and if the 5.0 SC gets ditched for a V8 TT values will be further boosted.

OcUK Staff
OP
Back
Top Bottom