Something went wrong, ordered a Mustang, yet ended up in a British hotrod, I blame OcUK!

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo - have you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPkpntQOn5U

I hope yours sounds better than this one, the exhaust noise is a bit tacky

I guess its a desired taste, for me I love it I never fail to smile and just as he is doing in the video I find myself doing the same, patting the throttle to cause explosions, particular in tunnels.
For me the SVR trumps any other car I drove for noise, why, well on acceleration it just roars, has a spitfire sound to it. On overrun it pops, crackles and explodes. On gear changes it farts, gurgles, burps or just goes bang, you never know what you will get. As mentioned in video only downside for e was no SC Whine and I absolutely love the sound of a supercharger, so I made a modification. :D

Finally it also has incredible SC whine too, well once modded, here is mine from a mod I did a few weeks back:

I did do a before video, but when I played it back there is literally zero SC whine at all, so did not even bother uploading it, I am just glad to finally hear that supercharger scream, it sounds glorious, will at some point get some flybe done so it can be heard passing under full throttle and will then lift for those glorious crackles.

As an aside, drove the 10-speed Mustang recently and was not impressed by the transmission. Spent far too long rifling through the available ratios and didn't feel particularly positive or swift in manual mode either. Meh! Really did feel like bit of a slushbox.

Yep have heard the same, no regrets not getting a Mustang, the SVR is just so damn good, its really no contest. :)

That’s standard car :eek:

Seems I could be due some very nice appreciation, it is now pretty much confirmed that if you want a V8 F-Type you best get one quick, as the V8 will soon be no more and replaced with an Ingenium i6 twin turbo unit. No doubt very fast, very efficient but sorry there is no replacement sound wise compared to a supercharged V8 and the response won't be matched.

Shall be hanging onto my SVR with so few on UK roads and very few in the blue and full carbon specification I think its safe to say the prices will hopefully head back towards 100k, which would be nice. Hit 25,000 miles this week, absolutely loving the SVR still, what a road car it is. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
I think “pretty much confirmed” is stretching a rumour too far :p

Love the enthusiasm for the car gibbo :D still got it and the GTR as my background

Quite a solid rumour though, makes absolute sense Jaguar would want to use their own engines (more profit), more Jaguar and of course it seems to be the way every car manufacturer is going, turbo's. :D

Yeah love the car, its just such an occaison to drive and now with that glorious SC whine, I am stuck what to do next, probably not much at all, I may look at tuning it in the future, was looking at the Lister 666HP & 700lb/ft package but it is £10,000

OcUK Staff
OP
Keep dreaming!

Not lost a penny yet, judging by how quick Jaguar moved two SVR's last month (days) at 80k for a pair of SVR's with the carbon pack which says they sold them too cheap and they were orange, blue is slightly more desirable. Think people here were a bit judgemental on depreciation when it came to Jaguar, yeah normally their cars get hit like a rock, but as I did not buy brand new and got what I consider a good price for mine considering the specification (carbon wing, carbon pack, carbon roof, carbon interior and ultra blue) I think needless to say I could easily sell the car for 75-80k today and if the V8 is no more then as always with small number produced cars with big shouty engines, the values go up or certainly hold strong.

You only have to look online, there are no ultra blue with carbon wing, carbon pack for sale. There are a few without wings and the dealers can't give them away. An ultra blue with wing, full carbon pack was advertised privately for 80k, it was sold in under 12hr (I contacted owner), that same car a week later appeared at a Jaguar dealer for 86k (dealer purchased it) and within a week it was sold. They are a rare car in the right specification and will no doubt become quite collectable and as such they sell quite quickly.

When I purchased the car, I expected at 3yr old a worse case scenario of 50k value, many here screaming sub 40k, total BS I say, got a feeling it will be well north of 60k and could be closer to what I paid or around it. It would certainly be a nice bonus that is for sure should I ever come to sell it. There is only like 100 SVR coupes registered on the road, I suspect in ultra blue with carbon wings is even less and ones with carbon roof will be single digits, when it comes to rarity, value that all helps and the SVR is a very rare car by todays standards or turbochargers and lower emissions. :)

olv

olv

Soldato
I just find the current assumption that every non-mainstream, slightly unique performance car, end of era, blah blah blah, is going to to be depreciation proof or make money is not going to last. It'll continue for as long as money is cheap but as soon as that changes I think we'll see the return of regular levels of crushing depreciation and everyone can get on with their lives and stop discussing values.

25,000 miles is good going, no one can argue it isn't getting used :)

OcUK Staff
OP
I just find the current assumption that every non-mainstream, slightly unique performance car, end of era, blah blah blah, is going to to be depreciation proof or make money is not going to last. It'll continue for as long as money is cheap but as soon as that changes I think we'll see the return of regular levels of crushing depreciation and everyone can get on with their lives and stop discussing values.

25,000 miles is good going, no one can argue it isn't getting used :)

I do use my cars. :)
Though my latest purchase will probably not get so much use. :)

Soldato
As an aside, drove the 10-speed Mustang recently and was not impressed by the transmission. Spent far too long rifling through the available ratios and didn't feel particularly positive or swift in manual mode either. Meh! Really did feel like bit of a slushbox.

the auto box is a problem with the latest mustang because it was mentioned months ago on Youtube, manual only.

OcUK Staff
OP
the auto box is a problem with the latest mustang because it was mentioned months ago on Youtube, manual only.

The A6 was slow but worked, the new A10 is faster, makes the car a lot faster but is basically still a slush box, still not great in manual mode but now even worse in auto mode lots of people complaining about it getting confused and can be jerky.

Agreed the manual is the way to go on a Mustang, the new manual is even better too, though shame they made the ratio's longer, great for those who decide to add a blower though!

Soldato
the manual is slightly slower of course, but better.............the problems with the new auto surfaced about 6 months ago in the 1st reviews.
unfortunately everything has changed since mum has taken a turn for the worst.

OcUK Staff
OP
What did they do to mute the supercharger whine?

Various things with the intake system. I took the easy route and fitted a pair of cone filters.
Spotted on Project 8 prototype it was running cone filters and spotted ITG, so I gave ITG a call and asked if they had worked with SVO / Jaguar on P7 and P8, they confirmed and that they had a kit which was used in the prototype stages and was not an official item they list.

They sold me said kit for £245 and now we have glorious whine. :)

Soldato
Various things with the intake system. I took the easy route and fitted a pair of cone filters.
Spotted on Project 8 prototype it was running cone filters and spotted ITG, so I gave ITG a call and asked if they had worked with SVO / Jaguar on P7 and P8, they confirmed and that they had a kit which was used in the prototype stages and was not an official item they list.

Love it. :D

Soldato
The A6 was slow but worked, the new A10 is faster, makes the car a lot faster but is basically still a slush box, still not great in manual mode but now even worse in auto mode lots of people complaining about it getting confused and can be jerky.
The wife has the A10 in her Mustang and we haven't seen any of these issues, from what we had read online before getting the car it was getting nothing but praise. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom