Sony XF90

Soldato
That makes sense. I tried the zoom and pan etc, but lost some of the movie. I was worried it was the WDTV player as that is quite old now and wasn't sure if it supported new scales etc.

Soldato
Just done the Oreo update and all seems fine.
The optical sound out works great and it also has fixed the green line artefact corruption that I was having with Plex. Good result so far.

Soldato
Put the TV on a bench saw and cut along the black borders.
I think you need to be a bit more detailed with your reply. Just saying a ‘bench’ is a bit ambiguous. OP could think you mean a park bench for example when you really mean a nice level work bench. Poor sod could end up in the local park, saw in hand and then he’d look a bit silly. :p;)

Soldato
501196_xl.jpg

Soldato
I'm after a 75 inch TV set. This is one of the TVs within my budget. Any thoughts on it? Looking at sub 3k. Not sure whether to wait a year and stick with a 65 incher until the VRR tvs come out.

Soldato
Any TV speakers pale into insignificance compared to most decent soundbars, and a modest 2.1 setup will eclipse them for sound quality.

Its all about the 5.1 surround sound home theatre setups with a subwoofer too big for ur room.

I listened to my friends soundbar and thought it was pathetic in comparison.

But then I'm sure someone is running a dolby atmos ceiling installed setup here which will kill my 5.1.

Soldato
We used to have a set of Logitech Z5500's for many years. They worked fine with our TV. After they became faulty we bought a set of Logitech Z906 speakers to replace them.
They are affordable for us and work well for 5.1 sound. Optical out from the Sony TV which provides DD, sadly the TV doesn't allow DTS when using Kodi or Plex, transcoding needed.

Soldato
I'm after a 75 inch TV set. This is one of the TVs within my budget. Any thoughts on it? Looking at sub 3k. Not sure whether to wait a year and stick with a 65 incher until the VRR tvs come out.

Do you do any PC gaming on it? I think that's the big thing about these new TVs, the major improvements are really related to that more than anything else imo. I'm not counting consoles into it yet simply because we don't know anything about future ones & current ones don't benefit much from VRR as a lot of games have capped framerates & a lot of the time below the VRR threshold anyway.

I do wish I had VRR on my XF90, but only if the range were bigger. Even more I'd like 4K 120 for overall smoothness, even outside games, and especially being able to do 10bpc RGB when playing in HDR rather than having to change to 4:2:2.

Back
Top Bottom