Spec me a CCTV System

Man of Honour
Just as a passing thought, how do people secure their external ethernet connections? I know you can get emails to find out if a camera has been disconnected but however slim I suppose there is a chance someone could plug in after getting at the cable in one of the cameras... couldn't they?

VLANs? RADIUS?

That is a bit of an odd thought but I guess possibly a vulnerability. Someone could disconnect the camera and then plug in an delete all the footage of them doing so. At which point they could easily take the blueprints to my doomsday devise and foil my plans to hold the world to ransom...

Chances are though, for a home, the camera will be a deterant only. If they do go ahead and break in they'd have access to the nvr anyhows.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend some half decent IP Cameras (wifi is preferable) that will connect to my synology diskstation. Only needing two they will be mounted on soffits at 2 story height near each other facing opposite directions.

Soldato
Hi guys

Was about to buy a whole new setup for a family member and was going to go with Hik 2355 as I find my 2335 great, so 2355 seemed the obvious way to go.

The seller just mentioned to me about the DS-2CD2343G0-I from this new G0 range.

Anyone got thoughts on that model?? Or the 2363G0?

@Scream , @Hyburnate you guys used these by any chance?

Want something good at day and night so as far as my knowledge goes a 2355 fits the bill but I don't know much about the G0's.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi guys

Was about to buy a whole new setup for a family member and was going to go with Hik 2355 as I find my 2335 great, so 2355 seemed the obvious way to go.

The seller just mentioned to me about the DS-2CD2343G0-I from this new G0 range.

Want something good at day and night so as far as my knowledge goes a 2355 fits the bill but I don't know much about the G0's.

Have no experience with the new G0 line, but that will change.

I really like the Darkfighter Lite cameras as they come in at the same price point, DS-2CD2335FWD-I is the partcode you'll want. That will give you colour night-time images where ambient lighting is present.

Soldato
Have no experience with the new G0 line, but that will change.

I really like the Darkfighter Lite cameras as they come in at the same price point, DS-2CD2335FWD-I is the partcode you'll want. That will give you colour night-time images where ambient lighting is present.

This is the kit list I installed

• 2 x Hikvision DS-2CD2122FWD-1
  • 2 x Qvis EYE-4MP-FW
  • DVR (2TB Harddrive)
  • POE 4 port network box

Thanks guys. @Hyburnate how are they in the day??

Soldato
So... woke up this morning to wing mirror having been obliterated from the car. I think it was kicked off as it's sheared the plastic clean off and need a whole new mirror assembly.

Looking for some advice on a entry setup, cloud recording (maybe with HD recorder too), possibly wireless would be ideal.

I have a Texacom Ricochet already, and know that has a connect unit - but wondering if anyone has used that in conjunction with CCTV?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just taken delivery of 2 of the Unifi UVC-G3-AF cameras. Have taken some before screenshots of the older Aircams they will replace and will post up some comparisons once they are installed (hopefully tonight).

Soldato
On par with the 5MP line only you get a wider horizontal FOV.
Cool thanks I'll have a think!

EDIT: Ha, just properly looked at the model number... that definitely right? If so... 2335s are what I bought for myself based on your recommendation I think it was... then someone came along and said 2355 is the newer version and basically same thing but 5MP instead of 3MP? Is that not true?

Soldato
Cool thanks I'll have a think!

EDIT: Ha, just properly looked at the model number... that definitely right? If so... 2335s are what I bought for myself based on your recommendation I think it was... then someone came along and said 2355 is the newer version and basically same thing but 5MP instead of 3MP? Is that not true?

No. The 2355 are crap at night. The 2335 is a low level light cam. The 2355 and 2385 are not. If you want daylight footage more than night then I would opt for the 2385 instead. The 2355 are cams that I would never purchase.

Soldato
Hi guys

If I remember, the DS-2CD2343G0-I is just an updated 2342. I see nothing in that new 2018 family range to make me want to purchase any of them. Another unneeded Hikvision confusion. The 2335 is the crown in the turret range.

Soldato
Perfect thanks @Scream! Glad I checked in before purchasing these for the family member.

Will go with 2335, tried, tested and I know exactly what they're like (and he does too as I showed him mine).

I was starting to regret my 2335 purchase if the 2355 was out at the same time and I didn't realise, but if 2335 is better then I'm not fussed :D haha

Soldato
is there a higher resolution, like 4k, version of the DS-2CD2335FWD-I thats decent in low light? Want to put one at 2nd floor soffit level...

There is no ultra low light cam over 3MP that I know of. The 2355 and 2385 use a different sensor compared to the 2335. That’s why the 2335 is in a different class and is the closest cam to a Darkfighter that you will get at a fraction of the cost.

Man of Honour
There is no ultra low light cam over 3MP that I know of. The 2355 and 2385 use a different sensor compared to the 2335. That’s why the 2335 is in a different class and is the closest cam to a Darkfighter that you will get at a fraction of the cost.

Well i've gone and ordered one of each - 2385 can go on the second story covering the whole front of the house and the 2335 will go about 1.5 stories up to cover the drive and main door :) Will be interesting to see the difference!

Back
Top Bottom