SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nor

Nor

Associate
Refereeing mistakes in the previous 2 Rangers v Celtic matches this season have cost Celtic points, so it seems fair enough for the club to speak to the SFA about refereeing standards.

Associate
Refereeing mistakes in the previous 2 Rangers v Celtic matches this season have cost Celtic points, so it seems fair enough for the club to speak to the SFA about refereeing standards.

It`s against the rules to impede a goalkeeper who is reaching for a ball.

Lets make sure we understand the rules before blaming refs. :)

Soldato
Hmm, didn't McGregor jump for the ball AFTER Fortune was in the air and going for the ball? Decisions have cost us dear this season although we are constantly told that they even themselves out and thus, Celtic will get away with kicking the Rangers players all over the park, getting a perfect goal disallowed in Celtic's favour and surviving three blatant penalty claims (or is Weir's scyth of Maloney not a penalty in your blue tinted world?).

Soldato
That doesnt mater Odds the fact is Fortune knocked McGregors arm out of the way B4 he headered it. But lets ask the question why didnt they take a dossier on decisions they got that were dodgy? Ah right its a one way street only the ones against them count as bad refereeing.

Soldato
I dont. Have a look round other clubs forums and you'll see they have their own dossiers of decisions Celtic have benifited from against their clubs. Those dont count though eh?

Associate
Hmm, didn't McGregor jump for the ball AFTER Fortune was in the air and going for the ball? Decisions have cost us dear this season although we are constantly told that they even themselves out and thus, Celtic will get away with kicking the Rangers players all over the park, getting a perfect goal disallowed in Celtic's favour and surviving three blatant penalty claims (or is Weir's scyth of Maloney not a penalty in your blue tinted world?).

Go read the rules.

Associate
That doesnt mater Odds the fact is Fortune knocked McGregors arm out of the way B4 he headered it. But lets ask the question why didnt they take a dossier on decisions they got that were dodgy? Ah right its a one way street only the ones against them count as bad refereeing.

They are deluded Mav, they`re convinced if they repeat it enough it`ll be true. :D

Nor

Nor

Associate

There was certainly contact, but it's a contact sport Mav. McGregor was never getting to the ball. It was a clean header and McGregor was lucky the referee decided he had been fouled.

I'm sure you could imagine the "Boruc flaps at cross" or "Boruc weak in the air" headlines should it have been at the other end.

Anyway. Let's hope Sunday's game is won by the best team, whoever it may be - and that the referee gets the big decisions right.

Associate
There was certainly contact, but it's a contact sport Mav. McGregor was never getting to the ball. It was a clean header and McGregor was lucky the referee decided he had been fouled.

I'm sure you could imagine the "Boruc flaps at cross" or "Boruc weak in the air" headlines should it have been at the other end.

Anyway. Let's hope Sunday's game is won by the best team, whoever it may be - and that the referee gets the big decisions right.

The rules on challenging a goal keeper weren`t created after this incident.

They are there in black and white. You cannot raise your hand or in any way impede a goalkeeper who is reaching for a ball.

What part of this are you having difficulty in understanding? :D

Associate
OP
Hoping for something like this tomorrow....

(warning: this was originally broadcast by Sky in a less enlightened age and there is one instance of the 'H' word, sensitive souls are advised to mute the video)

Soldato

Look at I believe it was a Stoke game and you will see even less contact on the keeper and the foul was awarded its in the rules knocking a keepers arms away when going for the ball is a foul. Get over it and take it on the chin it wasnt a goal.

Man of Honour
First SPL result of the day and it's Aberdeen 0-1 Hearts. Even more impressive that Hearts were down to 10 men from pretty early in the second half. 3 wins on the trot for Jim Jeffries now but I'm not going to kid myself that this is the start of a new Hearts team.

Associate
Looking forward to tomorrow. It's game-on if we win and I don't think Rangers will be able to keep our strikers away from their net.

Nor

Nor

Associate
The rules on challenging a goal keeper weren`t created after this incident.

They are there in black and white. You cannot raise your hand or in any way impede a goalkeeper who is reaching for a ball.

What part of this are you having difficulty in understanding? :D

Got a link to the rule Rod?

Looking at the incident I don't think McGregor was getting anywhere near the ball. He mistimed the jump, Fortune's head was above McGregor's arms. Just seems these days that keepers are over-protected.

Anyway, let's hope it's a good game tomorrow with no controversial incidents. Let the best team win.

Last edited:
Associate
iam a celtic man through and through

but i cant see us wining at ibrox tommorrow
defense is a shambles
midfield is alright on the wings

robbie keane and fortune they are good
but i dont think they are a gd partnership upfront

think the gers will beat us 3-1

and this robbie keane injury thing is just a joke
there is nothing up with him

he was fine walking about glasgow