SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=743846&sec=scotland

SPL loses second Champions League place to Belgium.

Oh well, there's 10M that Rangers can kiss goodbye to in a year's time.

You really think that?!

The Champions Play Off Path is A LOT easier than the Runners Up path, in fact you end up playing teams of no calibre at all, sure we remember what happened with Urinea, Aalborg etc but Rangers/Celtic seeded would get to the champions league through that path no problem ;)

Anyways who cares, we win the league this year and its another £10million, we'll enjoy that :p

Also Celtic should consider winning the league in the 2011/2012 season ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
If by 'enjoy', you mean 'give to the bank', then, yes, you will 'enjoy' the £10M.:p

Bank only needs to get 1 million. As stated by AJ when we win the leaguer this year we could spend at least 5 million on players. Not much but after 18 months of no-one its an improvement. Time will tell though.

Soldato
Rumours abound that McGregor got himself into a fight in Glasgow and received some injuries that will count him out of the Old Firm game. No doubt there will be some conspiracy theories if Celtic win.

To be fair look at all the other OF players getting into trouble at the weekend on either side of an OF match. I'm sure we all remember what happened to Neil Lennon so hardly worthy of "conspiracy theories".

Whatever the case what surprised me most was that it was a Celtic players 21st birthday party that he went to, especially with the OF match coming up.

Last edited:
Soldato
Happy Birthday Jock. :)

Now down to Footie WTF is Integrity FC all about I have no doubts the person who leaked the information about Celtic talking to the SFA did so on the say so of Mr Lawell. Complain about incidents that went against them but nothing about incidents that went for them or went agasint other clubs? Everyones out to get them eh?

Associate
OP
Thanks but it's not actually my birthday, nor am I 62! :D

Can you provide any quotes from this 'Celtic source'? Preferably sans tabloid hysteria. The referees themselves have admitted their performances have been dire this season.

Nothing wrong with a bit of mind games in the lead up to a big game imo.

Associate
OP
OK, here's the quotes:

"We are considering contacting the SFA to highlight our concerns at some of the major decisions we feel have gone against us this season,"

"The refereeing performances are a concern and a frustration to us."

"It seems that officials are struggling to keep up with his pace,"

"Several key offside decisions have gone against him purely because of his speed."

What's wrong with any of that?

Mind games are part of football, Alex Ferguson does it all the time. Unfortunately Scotland seems full of bitter, angry, paranoid people with nothing better to do than phone up radio shows or vent their spleen on fans forums. Verdict: Mountain out of a molehill.

Also, the fact that this 'source' has said "We are considering contacting the SFA' and the SFA have said "discussions between the Scottish FA and Celtic have taken place", suggest that this 'source' isn't terribly well informed. Probably a cleaner with a vivid imagination.

Last edited:
Soldato
What I want to know is were they concerned with the decisions that have gone their way?? Or it it just a one way street and only ones that havent helped them?? Crys of desparation as the thought of lowing champs league money for a second year is going to have more of an effect than they are letting on? Hopefully the SFA will have appointed Ussain Bolt to run the line as to keep up with Rocket Robbie :o

As for the source not being well informed that could also be a cover
See he got a bit wrong so it wasnt the club that did it it was some wee man honest nowt to do with us.

Last edited:

Peg

Peg

Associate
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom