Stand Your Ground

Soldato
Well i'm just happy I live in a civilised country, where if i did get pushed i wouldn't immediately fear for my life to the point i'd have to execute someone on the spot. I don't believe he feared for his life, he was angry about the parking spot, then even more angry when he got pushed over, so he became judge, jury and executioner and handed out the death penalty for a push.
and I too am grateful to be living in a civilised (relatively) country.

I actually do believe he may have feared for his life. it's been my experience that these easily wronged, self appointed car parking attendants tend to be nervous, gutless little turds who are easily terrified.

Soldato
The opponent was walking away and was no longer a threat though. It wasn't a reflex shot.

We don't even know what was being said at the time, what we do know is the deceased was a coke dealer who's been arrested for violent offences multiple times, do you not think maybe there's a chance he threatened to kill the guy on the floor?

Caporegime
We don't even know what was being said at the time, what we do know is the deceased was a coke dealer who's been arrested for violent offences multiple times, do you not think maybe there's a chance he threatened to kill the guy on the floor?

We can only go on what the video shows. The guy doesn’t appear a threat.

You can assume all sorts but it doesn’t look like self defence.

Soldato

The guy on the ground isn't an armed police respondent trained to make calm decisions and assess threats, he's on his arse having been pushed over by a violent criminal. The only blame lays with the attacker.

Caporegime
The guy on the ground isn't an armed police respondent trained to make calm decisions and assess threats, he's on his arse having been pushed over by a violent criminal. The only blame lays with the attacker.

What utter nonsense. He was pushed over by a man who he has probably never met after he confronted his family. We don’t know what was said by who. He draws his gun, the man backs away and he shoots him after the threat appears to have stopped. Three kids are in the car. It looks like murder.

It wouldn’t wash in the UK, it may well wash in the US but that’s because it’s a country full of morons.

It’s irrelevant what we think anyway. Just makes me glad I don’t live there. Be interesting to see the fall out.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Look at his reaction to having a gun pulled on him, doesn't look particularly phased. That thug would have remained a threat to that man at least until they'd all left the scene, if not forever since they use the same store.

American's are lucky they have the ability to defend themselves and the law on their side.

Caporegime
Look at his reaction to having a gun pulled on him, doesn't look particularly phased. That thug would have remained a threat to that man at least until they'd all left the scene, if not forever since they use the same store.

American's are lucky they have the ability to defend themselves and the law on their side.

So anytime you argue with someone best kill them in case they use the same shop as you again? I can see it now:

“Sir I believe your calm manner denotes you are an ongoing threat both now and in the future, kindly panic or I will be forced to execute you”

Bonkers.

Soldato

LOL his reaction was to back off..... which you can clearly see in video hands by side.

Permabanned
LOL his reaction was to back off..... which you can clearly see in video hands by side.

Yes, hands by side, not holding them up. Probably kissing his teeth thinking - I won’t forget you old man. Whose to say if he’d lowered his gun the thug wouldn’t have been on him like a shot beating him to an inch of his life for his ‘disrespect’

Caporegime

His reaction to back off was because the guy pull3d his gun.

Had He not pulled his gun would it have been the same reaction ? Given that he shoved him.hard to the ground without even speaking to him I don't know.

Also note you don't know that the now deceased wasn't saying to him 'what you going to do with that home? I gonna shoot you ass" etc his gun might have been in the glove box etc .

So while it might not look great, as soon as you shove someone who's not a physical threat, to the ground be prepared that they might then defend themselves.

Caporegime

Well if he s saying I'll kill you then he s a threat something a silent video won't show.

Rember from the victims point of view this guy can jist as easily have a gun as him.

Taking a step back means absolutley nothing in terms of his threat level in a gun fight

Soldato
Well i'm just happy I live in a civilised country, where if i did get pushed i wouldn't immediately fear for my life to the point i'd have to execute someone on the spot. I don't believe he feared for his life, he was angry about the parking spot, then even more angry when he got pushed over, so he became judge, jury and executioner and handed out the death penalty for a push.

Oh please, dont act like this stuff never happens over here, the UK is no more civilised, we just do it with fists, knives and acid instead.

Soldato
There's a transitional period at the moment regarding CCTV tech. A lot of places still have old 80's/90's tech, black and white, very grainy and no sound. Over the next couple of decades they will be replaced with much higher quality tech so little ambiguity in cases like this. Until then it's you say potato I say potato.

Soldato

Yep.

You can't expect random Joe public to react like someone trained to handle these situations. The victim panicked and reacted to an attacker who pushed him over and was standing over him.

If this was London the old guy probably would have been stabbed or beaten up (like we continually hear on the news). With nothing he could have done to protect himself.

Last edited:
Soldato

I suspect that this is highly likely.

That is why there was a slight delay before the shot was fired.

Back
Top Bottom