US: Star Trek: Discovery

Associate
Is it worth watching yet or is it same as previous series?

If you like watching shows where the supposedly most elite space force in the galaxy spend their entire time crying, talking about crying or asking other people if they need to cry then give it a bash! I've never watched a series with as many badly written wet lettuces. These guys wouldn't have the emotional wherewithal to get out of bed let alone fly a starship.

Soldato
If you like watching shows where the supposedly most elite space force in the galaxy spend their entire time crying, talking about crying or asking other people if they need to cry then give it a bash! I've never watched a series with as many badly written wet lettuces. These guys wouldn't have the emotional wherewithal to get out of bed let alone fly a starship.

I did quite enjoyed the first series, the others have watchable but i'm starting to agree. This series is just non-stop soap-like emotional wetness, i'm getting so bored with each episode that i now fast-forward large chunks to get to the 10 minutes of actual action.
At this point i'm hoping Burnham or Book, or both to be honest, get vaporised by the DNA :cry:

Changing tack, we need a Pike spin-off as that would (/could) be a good show.

Soldato
I did quite enjoyed the first series, the others have watchable but i'm starting to agree. This series is just non-stop soap-like emotional wetness, i'm getting so bored with each episode that i now fast-forward large chunks to get to the 10 minutes of actual action.
At this point i'm hoping Burnham or Book, or both to be honest, get vaporised by the DNA :cry:

Changing tack, we need a Pike spin-off as that would (/could) be a good show.
Have you been living under a rock? It was announced a long time ago(May 2020) and season 1 starts on the 5th May this year.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds.
rm2222253569

Caporegime
I'm no astrophysicist but pretty sure galaxies and their edges don't work like that.

Edit - 10 episodes and they're still dragging it along as to who these farmers are.

Last edited:
Soldato
Haven't watched the episode and I don't think it's a spoiler, but (from ST books, so probably not canon) regarding the barrier...
The Q continuum created the barrier to keep out another powerful entity called O, who's originally from another dimension.
The story also explains why there's a barrier at the center of the galaxy and who the talking head with a God complex is in Star Trek V

Last edited:
Soldato
Enjoyed this week, although Saru is woefully being underused - the forced interaction with other crew members ie Bryce was cringe worthy.

Also the bridge crew, they never say more than "Yes Captain" and scream when they are been thrown left to right or crying when Michael gives yet another pep talk - but this week we have them talking about their fave holidays when navigating the galactic barrier - lo and behold they have to be told seconds later that Earth is at risk - again very convenient for the plot :(

Soldato
Of course not. It'll be revealed in the last 20 minutes where they'll have a long speech, a hug, then sent back on their merry way where a new universe shattering anomaly will be presented to give a cliff-hanger for the next series.

Back
Top Bottom