Star Trek: Picard

Caporegime
I'm not really enjoying this second adventure. I don't know whether to just skip season 2 (just finished episode 3) and wait for season 3 (which I'm hoping will be amazeballs with the cast they've got ;) )

EDIT: Although I did hear Wesley is back for the season 2 finale so I might try and find a summary on YouTube so I can watch that last one.

Associate
Yeah, you won't be missing much missing season 2. Shame as it starts half decent with a few good ideas and then it was like they just ran out of time or something and decided to wing it. Could be covid really ****** them and schedules had to be brought forward or something (they filmed 2 & 3 back to back). 1st season was much better despite its numerous flaws.

All we can hope is they had season 3 nailed story wise because if they fubar what is essentially tng's last season it will be bitterly disappointing. I think they might actually stick it though, best bits of season 1 were just watching Picard interact with the tng crew, Riker, Troi and farewell to Data. Best bits of season 2, Picards good-bye to Q (and James Callis as his old man, how is he not in more stuff?!). Most of us would be happy just catching up with them, it should be really hard to mess it up. Awaits a 'hold my beer' meme.

Soldato
It's a shame really, I liked TNG back in the day, despite its random weak episodes, I preferred DS9 but Picard just seems weak, overall, yeah there's a few good characters in there but all this time travel screw cannon fudge that they seem to introduce into things just, I dunno, sucks?

Associate
It's a shame really, I liked TNG back in the day, despite its random weak episodes, I preferred DS9 but Picard just seems weak, overall, yeah there's a few good characters in there but all this time travel screw cannon fudge that they seem to introduce into things just, I dunno, sucks?
I think worse that that. It was just… boring! Which is as damning as you can get. At least discovery got some emotion out of me (anger mostly)!
I’m enjoying SNW though!

Reactions: TNA

JRS

JRS

Soldato
TNG was on a whole other level. Even the weakest episode of TNG is much better than anything Picard has to offer.

Oh,  please. I'm all for using hyperbole to make a point, but TNG's weakest episodes are right up (down) there with the worst of all of Trek canon :p

"Code of Honor" - a genuinely offensive, maybe even outright racist, dumpster fire of an episode. "Shades of Gray" - a particularly crap clipshow made because they had to get one more episode into season 2 and this was the best they could come up with due to the WGA strike. "Sub Rosa" - Crusher having sexy times with an alien masquerading as a ghost, because [reasons].

Soldato
OP
Oh,  please. I'm all for using hyperbole to make a point, but TNG's weakest episodes are right up (down) there with the worst of all of Trek canon :p

"Code of Honor" - a genuinely offensive, maybe even outright racist, dumpster fire of an episode. "Shades of Gray" - a particularly crap clipshow made because they had to get one more episode into season 2 and this was the best they could come up with due to the WGA strike. "Sub Rosa" - Crusher having sexy times with an alien masquerading as a ghost, because [reasons].

and they were all better than Picard :D

Permabanned
TNG was on a whole other level. Even the weakest episode of TNG is much better than anything Picard has to offer.

At least the weak episodes of TNG were at least interesting, I've re-watched them all multiple times with no real complaints. Couldn't even finish Picard season 2, it's unwatchable mess.

If we could have more of the first episode that would be good, they completely messed up this show.

It would have great to see Picard using his contacts, previous crew to accomplish an important mission or goal maybe with a few new characters traveling with him, meeting previous crew from shows, spending time with them and on different Federation ships and facilities, having mini adventurers on way. It would have been great to see where all the previous characters ended up. The script should have just written itself, he had an interest in acarology, it could have resolved around that.

What they've done however, is just awful. It's like somebody who hates Star Trek was asked to make a Star Trek series.... It's just too sad to watch...

Picard is Star Trek + Nihilism and a low budget. It doesn't work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom