Star Trek : Strange New Worlds

Soldato
Bit crap this week. Anson Mount was great, but it was demeaning to see him like this - he's Captain Pike!

So the nebula was lonely and had been for some time, but within seconds and without any questions, M'Benga allowed his daughter to be taken away? Wtf?

Silly episode, but redeemed by Uhura's bewbs! Nom nom nom.

Last edited:
Soldato
That was the worst episode so far, after so many great episodes this was a real clunker with STD levels of cringe. I've always hated the fantasy stuff in TOS and the holodeck episodes in TNG and usually skip them. Here was no different. Some of the worst dreck in some time and hated every moment.

The only positive was seeing La’an looking hot as hell!

Caporegime
An Alien rip off this week. Not too terrible so far. Better than the last two.

Edit: Nope, that was pretty bad again. Somehow we are supposed to care deeply about someone we have hardly seen. So much forced emotion in this it just feels wrong and not earnt.
but they (pikes crew) are stronger because they work together rainbow.jpg

Think I might just rewatch every Stargate series for some real scifi

JRS

JRS

Soldato
1x09 - All Those Who Wander

Memory-Alpha said:
The USS Enterprise crew comes face-to-face with their demons – and scary monsters too – when their landing party is stranded on a barren planet with a ravenous enemy.

*Spock eyebrow*

So it's the Gorn again, then.

The Good

Neat little nod to TOS early on - Deep Space Station K-7 was of course the setting for "The Trouble With Tribbles", one of the best TOS stories and good enough that it would be revisited by DS9 ("Trials and Tribble-ations"). Hooray for continuity!
Anson Mount remains the best thing about the whole series. Unfortunately, given the demise of Hemmer here, Bruce Horak was also good.

The Bad

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY STOP WITH THE RECAPS!!!!!
We're firmly at the 'ripping off other works' stage, with this basically being "Aliens" after a fairly minor rewrite.
Why is it that the only thing the writers can think up to provide motivation for Uhura is the death of other characters? Her (unseen) parents dying is the backstory for her getting into Starfleet in the first place, the death of Hemmer her motivation to stay. They couldn't think of something cleverer?
Una/'Number One' remains criminally underused. Ortegas similarly, and they even dialled her snarking down this week (I think the only crack she got in was about 'hating funerals').

The Kurtzman

La'an Noonien-Singh :rolleyes: At least she's possibly gone until S2 now.
Having not learned a single thing from the fairly strong fan reaction to the needless killing-off of Culber in STD S1 we're back on the 'killing off minority character' train with Hemmer. And no spore network here to bring him back out of.
Those Gorn sure reached reproductive maturity quick, eh?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Oh no, a crew of a ship working together towards a planned outcome. Whatever were they thinking?
did he really need to say we are stronger because we are working together? it sounded total cringe woke crap writing.

I bet he wouldn't say the same thing about the borg and praise their collective, I bet they would be like "oh no individuality is the key" oh wait thats not woke

Back
Top Bottom