****Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Official Thread****

Soldato
The new generation aren't buying anything though, and they are far more likely to be the torrenters rather than the 40+ folks who've been buying stuff for years and want to finish collections etc. Once they stop buying i dont see the newer generation "picking up the slack" in sales, hopefully I'm wrong.

I have worked in education a long time and starwars was very popular since the relaunch. Possibly driven by parents and not as popular as marvel mind you.... But that took time. It was only really when the avengers side of the marvel world did the kids get hyped. I don't think many cared for the first ironman / Thor films that much.

So maybe it will take time. Either way this final episode needs to deliver

Soldato
Yeah I'd say that the Avengers has got the jump on the kids with merch vs the SW franchise.

More worryingly, I just don't see the passion that the older generation have for the OT being displayed in the 10-25 year old's for their new trilogy, which has me worried for the longer term future of the franchise.

Caporegime
Yeah I'd say that the Avengers has got the jump on the kids with merch vs the SW franchise.

More worryingly, I just don't see the passion that the older generation have for the OT being displayed in the 10-25 year old's for their new trilogy, which has me worried for the longer term future of the franchise.

Star wars was pretty unique back in the day.

Now that technology has moved on, good sci-fi is much more prominent.

Soldato
It'll be more MR H crap with him just rambling away from tiny snippets of info he has exclusively received, despite already being all over the net well prior to what he's posted.

Soldato
And just look at how excited the fan base is at the announcement..............Flat-lined for the most part, seems like an extremely under-whelming reception of the news of a new trilogy doesn't it :(
Hardly surprising given The Last Jedi!

Soldato
Hardly surprising given The Last Jedi!

I think this trilogy was meant to be a different setting but directly by the idiot who did last Jedi, REIN JOHNHUNG.
Then it was shelved, then kennedy said they would work on something, so hopefully they found some rope, and then a new director

Soldato
I think this might be the trilogy written by the Game of Thrones writers "D&D" who've suddenly gone all "subvert the fans expectations" in the last season, much to the annoyance of the fans, so they should match well with Lucasfilm :D

You wouldn't think it would be so hard to give the fans what they want.
But Hollywood appears to be hell bent on butchering nearly everything they do now.

Sounds like James Bond might become the next victim.

But to stay on topic I couldn't be more disinterested in The Rise of Skywalker.
Like checjb said... the damage is done, they dropped the ball.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom