****Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Official Thread****

Soldato
The next movie only needs to be 5 minutes long. They just need to hyperspace loads of small ships in to the enemy cruisers and they win :p

Soldato
The next movie only needs to be 5 minutes long. They just need to hyperspace loads of small ships in to the enemy cruisers and they win :p

Yeah, I can't see how Star Wars can ever show "war in the stars" ever again due to that point. That short-sighted (if visually stunning) mistake is yet another reason to dismiss TLJ for me.

Soldato
You could take out entire planets without needing any sort of death star....
Not entirely sure how they missed mass drivers.

Visually stunning, retardedly Rian Johnson, 'I want to give the fans a film that makes no sense, if i manage that, I'll have achieved my goal.'

Caporegime
Always found it funny in Last jedi that you seen the shields on the rebel ships taking impacts from the star destroyers weapons, yet the Tie Fighters weapons had no problems penetrating the shields with their smaller, weaker weapons...A few assaults with Tie Fighters and the rebellion would have been wiped out, but instead the "first order" send a grand total of 4 for one short assault and that's it.

And the throwaway line about not being able to cover them at that range, really didn't look like they needed cover did it?

Im actually interested to see how this train wreck ends, im curious to see if they do some Palpatine clone story and Rey realizes they can clone Luke so he can complete his wish to train a new Jedi order. Makes me wonder if JJ shoehorns Snoke back in as some failed Emperor clone.

Caporegime
Im actually interested to see how this train wreck ends, im curious to see if they do some Palpatine clone story and Rey realizes they can clone Luke so he can complete his wish to train a new Jedi order. Makes me wonder if JJ shoehorns Snoke back in as some failed Emperor clone.

They really have made a massive balls of it all, anything Abrams set up to be a continuing story point Johnson seemed to take great delight in dumping on. You would think the movies had an outline of main players and plot points so how he got to do what he did with TLJ is baffling.

They really have made a massive balls of it all, anything Abrams set up to be a continuing story point Johnson seemed to take great delight in dumping on. You would think the movies had an outline of main players and plot points so how he got to do what he did with TLJ is baffling.

Yeah i read a story that Abrams had written a three film arc, but how Johnson came in and just **** all over it is beyond me. I watched interviews with Abrams saying Johnson was on the ball and it was all planned but its all such a mess im getting the feeling there is massive politics going on behind the whole franchise.

Caporegime
Yeah i read a story that Abrams had written a three film arc, but how Johnson came in and just **** all over it is beyond me. I watched interviews with Abrams saying Johnson was on the ball and it was all planned but its all such a mess im getting the feeling there is massive politics going on behind the whole franchise.

More than likely is politics to some degree. TLJ is just a never ending series of "wtf" moments and pointless side treks. The whole space chase thing where they can't outrun the first order but can maintain a safe distance was always an eyebrow raiser as it makes zero sense, eventually they would have to catch up if you're not outrunning them so wtf? Along with Fuel suddenly being a concern for the first time in a Star Wars movie that i can recall.

Johnson had no respect for the films to start with, we had Gleeson's character which could have been brilliant, he was almost frothing at the mouth with his hatred, almost Nazi like but then he was turned into a comedy character as Snokes play toy...wtf!

Anyway back on topic! The more i see the trailer the more i think the beginning with Rey and the Tie fighter is significant, as they only show the hands piloting, we are led to believe its Kylo but i think its someone else and this shot is near the end of the film.

Soldato

The subsequent stories in the press were that JJ and RJ only met once and that the TLJ story was only developed around the basic synopsis of what the TFA story would be i.e. characters, locations etc but without specific so RJ was given free reign by Kennedy to create his own story.

JJ Abrams said:
I had some gut instincts about where the story would have gone. But without getting in the weeds on episode eight, that was a story that Rian wrote and was telling based on seven before we met. So he was taking the thing in another direction.

I genuinely think it'll go down in history as the prime example used in film/business schools of teaching students how you don't create a trilogy!

Soldato
Is this thread just full of grown ups who have not grown up and sad star wars is not how they remembered as a kid ?

It's just a slagging fest, however I have no doubt anyone in this thread will watch the movie

I was disappointed with Johnson's take on Luke. And seeing as JJ ended up doing the 3rd one they should have let him do all 3 from the start so he had complete control.

Saying that I am excited for this so are my kids !

At the end of the day. Episode 7 and 8 are far better films than the trash that were the prequals

Associate
Is this thread just full of grown ups who have not grown up and sad star wars is not how they remembered as a kid ?

It's just a slagging fest, however I have no doubt anyone in this thread will watch the movie

I was disappointed with Johnson's take on Luke. And seeing as JJ ended up doing the 3rd one they should have let him do all 3 from the start so he had complete control.

At the end of the day. Episode 7 and 8 are far better films than the trash that were the prequals

the sequel trilogy might be more entertaining, but the storyline of the prequels is in another league compared to the sequel trilogy

Caporegime
Rumours going around now that Kylo Ren is going to dress up as Darth Vader. The comedy continues......

Kylo Ren cosplaying as Grandpa, :o

There's another weird one doing the rounds that Luke died in the Jedi Training camp incident 10 years ago and he was in some plain of existence between life and death.

Kinda like endgame, people are pulling anything out of their ass in the hope they're somehow right.

Permabanned

How much says i can go a lifetime and resist? From 1960 to 2010 there is a huge amount of movies and only so much free time. Infact it is easy for you to say prequel was trash but did you see prequel in 4k HDR? No one has! And it will wipe the floor with the modern films in 4k HDR. And i can only watch so many films why from the dates above you can fill a entire video shop.

You may have the perception everyone is ranting and then sneaking off to the movies, Maybe they do but i have already buried it alongside anything with even a remote smell of PC or SJW. As soon as i smell that dung like aroma whatever franchise that risked it pays the price. Now imagine if you all did this like me? Guess what would never of happened to popular movies? Answers on a postcard :p

Caporegime
How much says i can go a lifetime and resist? From 1960 to 2010 there is a huge amount of movies and only so much free time. Infact it is easy for you to say prequel was trash but did you see prequel in 4k HDR? No one has! And it will wipe the floor with the modern films in 4k HDR. And i can only watch so many films why from the dates above you can fill a entire video shop.

You may have the perception everyone is ranting and then sneaking off to the movies, Maybe they do but i have already buried it alongside anything with even a remote smell of PC or SJW. As soon as i smell that dung like aroma whatever franchise that risked it pays the price. Now imagine if you all did this like me? Guess what would never of happened to popular movies? Answers on a postcard :p

This sounds like the rantings of a mad person.

A terrible movie would not be improved by 4k/HDR. You'll never see the prequels in 4k anyway because episode 2 and 3 were filmed with early digital cameras with a resolution of 1440 x 1080 and 1080p, respectively.

What other movies in franchises have you "buried" that had the smell of SJW about them?

The Last Jedi isn't a good movie, but it's better than the prequels. At least the dialogue isn't badly written and poorly performed

Soldato
Latest rumour doing the rounds is that chewie becomes a jedi, seduced by the darkside. His fur turns black.
Maybe that's darth vader? I mean chewie is about the same height as vader isn't he?

Not sure what mediclorians does to a wookie?

Soldato
Latest rumour doing the rounds is that chewie becomes a jedi, seduced by the darkside. His fur turns black.
Maybe that's darth vader? I mean chewie is about the same height as vader isn't he?

Not sure what mediclorians does to a wookie?
Ok, not sure how much heft this carries but this might back up that theory.

Yesterday, I was at a farm park for my daughter's birthday party. We were watching a pig race and as they announced the green pig's name, "Chewbacon", they played Darth Vader's theme song. Weird, right? Perhaps they just knew something I didn't :eek:

Soldato
Ok, not sure how much heft this carries but this might back up that theory.

Yesterday, I was at a farm park for my daughter's birthday party. We were watching a pig race and as they announced the green pig's name, "Chewbacon", they played Darth Vader's theme song. Weird, right? Perhaps they just knew something I didn't :eek:

a green pig you say?

Back
Top Bottom