** Star Wars Episode VII - SPOILERS WITHIN **

Soldato
I love the series in its entirety.
I just prefare 1.2.3; Whats wrong with having my own opinion on all 6 movies?

From my opinion - 1.2.3 has going for them:
Liam Neeson. I'll give you that
Natalia Portman. Stunning in 2 (leather dress, drool), dreadful in 3
Ewan Mc Gregor. Yeah he was the best thing in all 3 movies
Hayden Christensen. No, no, no *SLAP* no, horrible bad acting. More wood then IKEA
Samuel L.Jackson. (All Great actors I love) He phoned in his performce, nothing extraordinary here
Amzing CGI. Some was great, some was terrible
Slighly more matured director. No, no, no *SLAP* no, horrible bad director.
The Fall of the republic. Story Given
Anakin been manipulated, an turning to the dark side. :o Story Given
An some romance... :eek: No, no, no *SLAP* no, horrible bad romance, so unconvncing you can actually see Natalia Portman wincing throughout 2 and 3.

From my opinion - 4.5.6 has going for them:
Harrison Ford.
Amazing CGI for its time, but very poor by today's standards. Bangs head - The movies where made before CGI exsisted
Two Death Star's :D
The Rise an return of the republic.
Luke gets told who his father is... "NO"
Incest??? :eek:

Again this is my opinion. An I am entitled to my opinion.
An I hope that is doesn't offend others.

And i'm entitled to tell you that you are wrong and educate you

Caporegime
When I watch the originals I find the acting equally as cringey but over look it because of watching them through the eyes of a nostalgic child :D

I've yet to find a kid that prefers the old ones over the new ones. :)

Soldato
The good news is I don't think it is in JJ Abrams to make a Star Wars film as bad as that ATOC/Episode 2. AOTC/Episode 2 was a very low point for the Star Wars franchise. Hopefully we won't see anything that dreadful ever again.

Soldato
I was hoping that if there were any more Star Wars films to be made, they'd follow the story laid out in Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy. Something tells me I won't get my wish. :p

Soldato
So Lucas has written story treatments for episodes 7, 8 & 9 and has handed them to producer Kathleen Kennedy.

Kathleen, I implore you, no, beg you please please throw them into the fire.

Star Wars: The Maastricht Treaty

Soldato
So Lucas has written story treatments for episodes 7, 8 & 9 and has handed them to producer Kathleen Kennedy.

Kathleen, I implore you, no, beg you please please throw them into the fire.

Star Wars: The Maastricht Treaty

This is a must, burn whatever he has conceptualised and make the thing new, within the existing universe, allow actors to act, dont make all the cgi bright and glowing with perfect sheen.

whoever wrote/directed this, needs to be part of star wars. they know exactly what is needed. the fight scenes in this trailer is the best fight scene i have ever seen for a star wars movie.

jump straight to the fight scene

excited to hear jj is the director. lost is my favourite series ever, so good i now can't watch other series as they are just so boring.

my only concern is how they will cast this, hopefully it'll be a load of "nobies" for the main cast that aren't recognisable as characters from other films, e.g. don't make hugo from lost jabba the hut's son.

as i understand it 7-9 follow as good as directly on from episode 6, so following leia, luke, han.

Last edited:
Soldato
I love the series in its entirety.
I just prefare 1.2.3; Whats wrong with having my own opinion on all 6 movies?

From my opinion - 1.2.3 has going for them:
Liam Neeson.
Natalia Portman.
Ewan Mc Gregor.
Hayden Christensen.
Samuel L.Jackson. (All Great actors I love)
Amzing CGI.
Slighly more matured director.
The Fall of the republic.
Anakin been manipulated, an turning to the dark side. :o
An some romance... :eek:

From my opinion - 4.5.6 has going for them:
Harrison Ford.
Amazing CGI for its time, but very poor by today's standards.
Two Death Star's :D
The Rise an return of the republic.
Luke gets told who his father is... "NO"
Incest??? :eek:

Again this is my opinion. An I am entitled to my opinion.
An I hope that is doesn't offend others.

Apparently though you're not.
You see what you've got are these people who feel they are somehow "protectors" of a franchise. NO matter what you say, no matter what your opinions - you are not correct. You are stupid and you must conform to what these people tell you.
Quite why they feel that what others think matters to them. As if somehow their own experience of the franchise might be tainted if you happen to disagree, I just don't quite understand.

These same people love to go on and on and on and.......about Jar Jar in 1-3. Yet will defend the Teddy Bears from 6 until the day they die.
Will go on and on and on and.......about the story in 1-3. Yet defend a very weak story in 4-6.

You will find places on the net where everything is discussed and there is mature talk about every Star Wars. Unfortunately 9 times out of 10 (a la ocuk) it becomes a 4-6 rock, 1-3 suck and if you don't believe me that you are stupid (which is a major fallacy) kind of post.

As for the new, new films. I'm yet to find any place on the net that isn't full of the same recycled posts. I guess it's because there is so little information out there.
These again are the "protectors" of the franchise speaking. Those that feel the whole franchise should have stopped after the very first theatrical releases "in all their glory" and anything newer is just the spawn of satan.

Soldato
No, really you are not.
You are entitled to express your own opinion. You've got absolutely no entitlement to press your opinions on others.

Let me try and give you a view point:

It's the difference between people who immerse themselves in films and those that just watch them.

One see's everything, the small flaws and the small pieces of good, the other see's it from a casually general viewpoint.

I'll never apologise for seeing thing's at different level to others, neither will I directly criticize you for the way you view films (Some people simply watch them to pass the time and a bit of easy viewing entertainment) but it's not going to stop me trying to explain what you're overlooking.

For instance, a few of your points.

Hayden Christensen. Despite landing arguably the biggest role of the decade, mucked it up so bad, no respectable production/studio in Hollywood to this day wants to touch him. He couldn't even manage to milk 1 tent-pole film from it.

More 'mature' director comment. No, a more mature Director/Creator would not have made the same mistake he made in Episode 6 (teddy Bears) and plotted an opening chapter (Phantom Menace), based around selling Toys, AGAIN. This apparently more 'Mature' director, then went and crucified his other big franchise by writing the story for Indiana Jones 4. I'm not seeing how he's matured across this time period.

Romance - there is in both trilogies, it's just Han and Leia's romance is far, far better than Anakin and Padme's, for the love of jeebus, his chat up line involved his dislike of sand...

Both trilogies have their flaws, Return of the Jedi taking most of the claim on the original. One was created in 1970, the other decades later when you're meant to have improved and have the hindsight of your mistakes.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
These same people love to go on and on and on and.......about Jar Jar in 1-3. Yet will defend the Teddy Bears from 6 until the day they die.

Not even I can defend the Ewoks. Especially as it was meant to be Wookies originally. :(

Wookie rips off Stormtroopers arm and beats his squadmates to death with the soggy end is just so much better than Ewok throws rock.

Soldato
Not sure how I feel about the whole JJ Abrams thing. Wasn't a huge fan of the new ST movie, but I did like Super 8 and Lost. I was hoping for somebody unexpected or even unheard of I suppose. This just seems a bit....dull. On the other hand, he absolutely will do a better job than Eps 1, 2 & 3 without a doubt.

I did actually like Revenge of the Sith. I would put it on a par with RotJ personally. Way better than TPM and AotC, but not as good as ANH or ESB.

Can't wait for the casting news to start coming out!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Hayden Christensen. Despite landing arguably the biggest role of the decade, mucked it up so bad, no respectable production/studio in Hollywood to this day wants to touch him. He couldn't even manage to milk 1 tent-pole film from it.

Seems to have done ok to me. Ok, certainly not blockbusters but it's paying the bills I imagine:-

Battlecreek (in production)
Henry (attached)

???? The Diplomat (in production)
Brent

2013 Outcast (pre-production)

2010 Quantum Quest: A Cassini Space Odyssey
Jammer (voice)

2010 Vanishing on 7th Street
Luke

2010 Takers
A.J.

2009 New York, I Love You
Ben (segment "Wen Jiang")

2008 Jumper
David Rice

2007 Virgin Territory
Lorenzo

2007 Awake
Clay Beresford

2006 Factory Girl
Billy Quinn - Musician

I actually quite liked Jumper :)

Soldato
Seems to have done ok to me. Ok, certainly not blockbusters but it's paying the bills I imagine:-

I actually quite liked Jumper :)

It's the garbage of Hollywood. As I said no respectable studio/production is touching him.

He went from the biggest lead of that decade to... ... ... A nobody, and extremely quickly. Of course he's paying the bills, but that isn't successful in Hollywood terms and hardly 'ok'. I count ok as a Steve Carrell type, not setting the world alight but doing the odd good film but just not hitting anything big time, ain't winning film awards and ain't starring in films with massive grosses. He's just out there. Hayden Christensen is in the garbage compactor right now, trying to stop the walls from closing in.

Also i actually liked Awake and Jumper (didnt mind as a concept based off the book, he didn't define the role though). It was critically panned, it made its gross off the hype and marketing from the first weeks, the sequels cancelled because nobody would have seen the 2nd. Wasn't a tent pole, but it was a chance for him to perhaps redeem himself. It flopped.

Soldato
And what's more horrifying, is that there are some Star Wars fans out there who claim Attack Of The Clones is the best Star Wars film of the lot. Yes... They are out there!

For me it's the best of the prequels, but that's damning it with faint praise. It had natile portman look mighty fine and a decent land battle at the end

Back
Top Bottom