Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order (Respawn Entertainment)

Soldato
They did NOT learn anything from DS2 it seems... Large enemies 'float' making it practically impossible to be dexterous in fights. And instead. Rely on dodging when they actually attack rather than preempt it. Stuck on a mini boss as a result, hopefully it's fixed as it's incredibly annoying and immersion breaking in my opinion.

Soldato
Arstechnica wasn't overly impressed either.
Most reviews sites are paid for nonsense, so it ultimately means waiting for people's thoughts once they've finished the thing.
A good amount of flack for being a short game, but that means I'm more likely to finish. Definitely waiting to see what general consensus is.

Caporegime
"Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order initially delivers well-paced combat and unique environments, but unravels into a tedious and repetitive slog." :(

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...n-shallow-storytelling-and-technical-problems

That seems well written and makes a good case for it outstaying it's welcome.

People can be so dumb though. The reviewer clearly said that after about 10 hours she still loved it and then it started become a chore and then you have people in the comments slagging her off because "I played it for 7 hours and it is it's amazing"

Soldato
This is last snippit from polygon who I don't mind for reviews, I did used to really like Eurogamer but have been abit suspect with some of theirs lately

"Jedi: Fallen Order is a flawed, sometimes messy game, but it’s a Star Wars experience I didn’t know I wanted. And after finishing it, I definitely want more"

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Basically strip the Star Wars theme and it’s a poor game. I mean only 12 hours...

Will probably still play it for the Star Wars experience as not played one in years.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You should just ignore everything on Eurogamer now apart from Digital Foundry. Their reviews are just nonsense these days. Z
I find DF is a little like that also at times.

10 minute video man says he is running out of time 10 times during that time like as if he was on live tv. Lol.

Soldato
That seems well written and makes a good case for it outstaying it's welcome.

People can be so dumb though. The reviewer clearly said that after about 10 hours she still loved it and then it started become a chore and then you have people in the comments slagging her off because "I played it for 7 hours and it is it's amazing"
same people will also complain about how the games industry is an absolute dupster fire at present....whilst defending average - poor games when it suits their narrative.

Soldato
I had no expectations for this, but I think some people are being negative for the sake of it.

Definitely. It's a good game. Steam is showing 90% rating from 211 reviews, and Metacritic is 90% from 13 critics and 8.6 from users. I get that not everyone will like this game and some will have set their expectations far too high, but I'd imagine most will like it and the reviews are reflecting that. Some people in this thread are being waaaaaay too harsh. I just naturally like Star Wars so I'm going to be a bit biased towards it, but I also know when I'm dressing up a turd and this isn't the case.

Man of Honour
Definitely. It's a good game. Steam is showing 90% rating from 211 reviews, and Metacritic is 90% from 13 critics and 8.6 from users. I get that not everyone will like this game and some will have set their expectations far too high, but I'd imagine most will like it and the reviews are reflecting that. Some people in this thread are being waaaaaay too harsh. I just naturally like Star Wars so I'm going to be a bit biased towards it, but I also know when I'm dressing up a turd and this isn't the case.

Harsh from watching a stream too :p

Think I’ll pick this up. User reviews are really positive.

Soldato
Harsh from watching a stream too :p

Think I’ll pick this up. User reviews are really positive.

Would recommend getting a one month sub with Origin Premier if you fancy picking it up :) (just in case you didn't know about it, or anyone else for that matter who's thinking about getting it) as it's only £14.99 for a 1 month sub, so you'd get the whole month to finish it which should hopefully be enough time!

Caporegime
I ended up pre ordering this because Star Wars but yet to have a go, I'm hoping it's good because everything told me it wasn't going to be.... yet still pre ordered :p Numpty (or not if its good ;) )

Back
Top Bottom