**Star Wars Outlaws Open World Star Wars game from Massive Entertainment**

ok so my previous comments on VRAM use need an update, because the game even with FG enabled will basically eat your memory resources!

iiSEsHN.png

Not even a comp[lex scene either, indoors...

HRMjfwo.jpeg

This is now far and beyond from Hogwarts' VRAM/RAM hogging antics!

Also Alex at DF recommends this:

Possible fix for low texture quality. It seems that the amount of memory for streaming assets is set to an extremely low number for modern hardware.

https://old.reddit.com/r/StarWarsOu...tion_for_anyone_experiencing_super_low_blurry

Reddit post said:
Look for documents/Mygames/outlaws

Graphics settings.cfg

Open in notepad and look for [“streamer dedicated”] = 64

Change it to:

[“streamer dedicated”] = 4096

Or

[“streamer dedicated”] = 8192

DONT FORGET TO SAVE. If the game crashes or you run out of vram try 1024 or 2048. I have a 4080 and was getting potato textures in the first open world and now my game looks great again. May or may not work for you but it did for me and a friend. Happy launch day hope you all have fun

Looks the same to me.

Lens/cine quality to medium made a noticeable difference.
Also, I thought things were looking a bit weird again and noticed my depth of field had changed itself back to high.
Also, that texture setting changed itself to 5120. After I exited the game I had another look.

Last edited:
The game sounds like it's a mess technically and Nvidia's RTXDI destroys your framerate (and frametimes) for very little difference in image quality. What are these developers playing at?

^^ Avatar had frametime/pacing issues at launch needing patching remember, there was also an issue with ray tracing.

Here is a visual show of texture sharpness with all the upscalers and RTXDI on vs off:

My recommendation is use RTXDI on LOW, this retains soft shadows that look good vs the hard edged shadows with RTXDI off but you don't have as big an fps hit vs RTXDI Ultra.

I'm on the space station now and the reflective floors of the Imperial Empire is rather tasty.

Sadly the planet's water and the station's floors highlight something Ubisoft seem to have forgotten, all those HW ray tracing options yet the game is still using screen space reflections :o

You're basically losing up to 40fps to benefit from RTXDI/RT reflections and everything all to be treated to screen space nasties, @Nexus18 will not approve of this :mad:

TjlZtwh.png

^^ Oh and earlier this happened, GPU usage tanked and the frametime sky rocketed, it is clear that there is a memory leak at times as all of my VRAM is being used and the engine/OS is having to swap to system RAM which results in random moments of GPU usage drop as that swapping between RAM and VRAM happens. This seems to mostly happen with RTXDI set to Ultra, playing with RTXDI on low or off has yet to show the same issue. The graph above fixed itself when I moved into a different area of the same location. So it seems to definitely be streaming asset related and however it is handling memory during that process or something.

With everything I have seen so far, and I'm well into the campaign, it seems RTXDI is not implemented well at all, given that screen space effects are still being used and that RTXDI visually only slightly improves shadows whilst kidnapping 40fps in the process.

We're supposed to accept that this is truly next gen gaming from Ubisoft:

vGnnCZV.jpeg

:cry:

Though the areas it does look good, do actually look good:
Tv99LzO.jpeg

K48b02i.jpeg

Tech quirks aside, anyone been to the food stand with the robot chef that cooks you and Nix up a spicy treat? You get a reward if you do the button combos right:

ebo5slD.jpeg

Also be sure to check your ship cargo hold as there's a case in there with inbox items you get as rewards, these are clothes for you and Nix etc to customise appearence, easy to miss if you take one of the other exits or don't look at the shelves or use Explorer mode:

oNwyf84.jpeg

Finally, just ending with some lols, the shooting combat genuinely is excellent, shooting a gas cannister and watching thick volumetric fog cover the area then running in shooting is an experience I've not had in other games before, even though the hand to hand combat is terribly disjointed and borderline hilariously laughable, it offers some form of amusement I'm finding lol. The AI can be crap as well although given the fact that in all the movies Storm Troopers can't aim for ****, it's no surprise that all enemies are kinda dumb.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom