**Star Wars Outlaws Open World Star Wars game from Massive Entertainment**

Spoiled the game again. Now I know there's a space station.

Turned the lighting thing off and put dlss on balance from quality. This means my GPU fans aren't running 100%.

Does the steal thing just not work sometimes? I send the rat thing in it does it's thing and then I don't see a message saying I got any credits or items. Oh I have to press L1 in the window. Ffs

Pro tip: If you are using a controller and hates having to click the right analogue stick to interact which you do a lot, choose the alternative scheme and it swaps melee button from X which is what I've always been used to anyway.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mrk
So someone has found an "Outlaw" graphics preset option that's hidden in the game, set the launch flag in the Ubisoft launcher for the game to add -unlockmaxsettings

Yes it does have a bigger fps impact as many settings now have the "Max" option which Outlaw preset enables :o

Here is the game running on the hidden Outlaw ("Max") GFX settings, surprisingly it looks nicer nicw than on Ultra a bit, but performance doesn't tank like Unobtanium does on Avatar, and it seems more memory efficient than Ultra too....

And in HDR:

Last edited:
I didn't think Ubisoft games could get any more soulless until I played this, and that is quite the achievement considering they had a Star wars licence to do it with.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
I'm finding it fun tbh and that is a hard task to achieve in most games. I liked Jedi Survivor but slated it left and right for the technical issues that still exist to this day. At least this doesn't have those repeating issues - And the gunplay is fun as is the open exploration.

Yeah the AI and close-combat is dumb though. But as far as story goes, it seems quite cool. I don't like the ship flying parts, just like in Starfield, flying around in space felt tedious and pointless, same applies here. But at least when you select a planet's location as you approach, you actually go through some faux atmospheric entry and the land emerges instead of a loading screen :cry:

Forever the contrarian hey :)
Interesting to see Starfield is higher on meta than this. Battle of the soulless.

Although at least people with AMD cards could probably play Starfield.

Last edited:
I just got to a petrol station before I stopped last night. Looks infinitely better in the outdoors than the first zone.

Playing with controller. Interesting to see the PS5 haptics work on this.

Last edited:
PS5, interesting so you started playing early? Because there's a patch coming which fixes a progression breaking bug on PS5,this does mean any save you have currently won't work after the update and you musts start again :o

PC not affected!

Edit*
Unless you mean PS5 controller on PC.

Last edited:
77 on metacritic.. doesn't sound like a bad score to me!

Personally, I think I'll wait until it hits Steam to have the protection of the 2h/2week refund policy.
Still amazed that Ubi haven't copied the Steam policy... even Epic have!

77 on metacritic.. doesn't sound like a bad score to me!

Personally, I think I'll wait until it hits Steam to have the protection of the 2h/2week refund policy.
Still amazed that Ubi haven't copied the Steam policy... even Epic have!

They have. It's a 2h policy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom