Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

I’m not even sure how this train of thought started but in any case, post a source…

If it’s just made up nonsense, can we get back to the actual show instead of derailing yet another Star Wars thread…

There was a time, long long ago, that I used to get excited when a SW show came out.

I'll probably watch this, I quite enjoyed the Ahsoka show but some of them are just dire.

Didn't George Lucas recently comment about how recent Star Wars things have completely missed the point of a diverse cast, there's a reason almost every shot in the originals had aliens all over the place. They champion diversity by having multiple species all working together. Modern day is all about cramming as many people in a room with as many pronouns and skin colours as possible all while adding zero to the story.

First 2 episodes were dull as dish water.

Thread cleaned up - stay on target topic

uAc119M.gif

Last edited:
I enjoyed the 1st 2 episodes, albeit they both seemed to end quite abruptly. I like the direction the story is going in, very phantom menace, in some ways.

rp2000

a focus on story and characters with good writing, the complete oppositive of modern Disney star wars

Tbf, the prequels didn't seem to give a damn about any of that either.

The worst thing about the new gen SW material is how it's somehow managed to dupe people into thinking that trilogy was anything but complete and utter drivel.

Didn't George Lucas recently comment about how recent Star Wars things have completely missed the point of a diverse cast, there's a reason almost every shot in the originals had aliens all over the place. They champion diversity by having multiple species all working together. Modern day is all about cramming as many people in a room with as many pronouns and skin colours as possible all while adding zero to the story.

First 2 episodes were dull as dish water.

Yea in the old SW, real life affairs were irrelevant. The Mandalorian and the Ashoka series was the same, they stuck to the plot. When they try to force in things like gender or race politics it's off-topic and cringe. These things don't exist in SW lore.

Last edited:
The worst thing about the new gen SW material is how it's somehow managed to dupe people into thinking that trilogy was anything but complete and utter drivel.
and yet they still felt like star wars unlike the modern shows - which seem to think that sticking a lightsaber in it captures the 'essence' of star wars.

anyway that's all off topic isnt it

Last edited:
and yet they still felt like star wars unlike the modern shows - which seem to think that sticking a lightsaber in it captures the 'essence' of star wars.

anyway that's all off topic isnt it

Hmmm, one could argue this is exactly why those movies where despised for so long. Over time people seem to just conflate 'true' Star Wars with whatever was out in their subjective youth.

Indeed, the reason most people loved Andor was precisely because it DIDN'T feel like Star Wars, be it new or old.

I am not sure what I was expecting, but I lost interest half way through the first episode. I am not sure why, it just didn't work for me.

I have to say that I was slightly put off by the press when I read the term "female empowering role". I consider myself somewhat woke, but even I am getting tired of empowered females. Are they trying to tell a story or offend middle aged fat, born male, straight white men? I can't decide.

Last edited:
Indeed, the reason most people loved Andor was precisely because it DIDN'T feel like Star Wars, be it new or old.
I think its more to do with an actual good story, well written, well acted, gorgeous cinematography, high production values (set design and the like). Literally everything about Andor is the opposite of every other D+ star wars show

I am not sure what I was expecting, but I lost interest half way through the first episode. I am not sure why, it just didn't work for me.

I have to say that I was slightly put off by the press when I read the term "female empowering role". I consider myself somewhat woke, but even I am getting tired of empowered females. Are they trying to tell a story or offend middle aged fat, born make, straight white men? I can't decide.

Genuinely don't know what the issue is? Male empowerment fantasies have been the absolute standard for thousands of years. Who cares if we're now attempting to tip the balance?

Arguing about poor storytelling is one thing, but bemoaning the promotion of female empowerment is just odd to me.

Disney have loaded this show with their politics, literally made it all about gender identity politics. This is a thread about the show, so how is it not relevant to talk about that?

Anyway, I'll leave it there for now as I feel this is exactly what Disney want. I'll voice my displeasure by not watching the show.

At the end of the day, it will disapear from memory faster than a turd down a u-bend and join the rest of Disney SW content into woke TV oblivion.

Back
Top Bottom