Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

Anyway, good to see a lightsaber being used as a light.

edit:spelt lightsaber wrong, glad I spotted, as I shudder to think....
They've been used as a light source in dark places as long as I can remember. Hell, Dark Forces 2 (and probably the first one too) had that almost thirty years ago...

Last edited:
One thing that does make me laugh is for all spaceships, lasers and droids.. nobody can make a comms device. Instead it has to look like a 1970s star trek communicator :) lore..

I did think after the bar fight, surely this would have been filmed on multiple mobiles and sent to Star Wars Twitter and @Jedi, rather than relying solely on the Bartenders personal ID. Must have been universally banned in the galaxy Star Wars is set it, due to it probably being used for toxic abuse.

I think I'd have preferred the whole
with the surviving Sister to be kept under wraps for a little bit longer.
That was my initial thought but I guess if they did that it would have been a bit obvious that it was her 'presumed dead' twin. Or they just don't mention the twin until later and then the viewers would think characters are idiots for not mentioning she had a twin earlier.

That was my initial thought but I guess if they did that it would have been a bit obvious that it was her 'presumed dead' twin. Or they just don't mention the twin until later and then the viewers would think characters are idiots for not mentioning she had a twin earlier.
I'd have loved a whole PTSD force projection dream/nightmare idea with manipulation by a hidden force user.

I think I'd have preferred the whole
with the surviving Sister to be kept under wraps for a little bit longer.

I think the problem with that is that you can't really move the story along until the reveal. Sure, you'd get a bit of mystery box intrigue but I think it'd just hold everything up too long.

Watched the first ep. and it seems like a reasonable starting point and it seems like ep 2 improves on things a little. If it continues like that without ending up like the borefest that was Ahsoka or some crazy Grease-come-scooter-kids-from-Mos-Espa suddenly appearing, like we got in Boba Fett, i'll be happy.

Last edited:
Certainly they seemed to spend a lot of money on it. I will give it a second try tonight, see if I can get through to the end without falling asleep.

Disney spent a reported $180 million on this series, so yeah ... a lot of cash for a streaming/TV show that's only 8 episodes.

That's about a bit over dollar per subscriber, and presumably they also make a bit of money selling it on to various scheduled TV outfits. The running costs of the service itself are quite low, and they own most of the content on it themselves. I guess spending like this is worth it to them if it keeps the subscribers ponying up each month.

That's about a bit over dollar per subscriber, and presumably they also make a bit of money selling it on to various scheduled TV outfits. The running costs of the service itself are quite low, and they own most of the content on it themselves. I guess spending like this is worth it to them if it keeps the subscribers ponying up each month.
Disney aren't short of cash, that's for sure ... they also make a ton from the theme parks. Plus I see they are beginning to release some of their Disney+ shows on blu-ray etc now which will earn them additional revenue.

Last edited:
It’s till a lot though, I’m struggling to see how it’s sustainable.

P.S. running costs of a streaming service are not insignificant. The bandwidth costs alone will be big bucks.

So you won't need to post in this thread and never will

So just to be clear, as a Moderator your advice is if you have anything negative to say about this show (such as I won't watch it because.......) then you should leave this thread and never return, therefore leaving only positive comments to be posted in this thread - just to be clear thats what a Mod is saying, or have I misinterpreted your actual words vs your actual intentions?

To be clear, I just want some clarity on what is/isn't OK to post in this thread before I'm also potentially told by a Mod to leave and never come back if I have any negative comments.

So just to be clear, as a Moderator your advice is if you have anything negative to say about this show (such as I won't watch it because.......) then you should leave this thread and never return, therefore leaving only positive comments to be posted in this thread - just to be clear thats what a Mod is saying, or have I misinterpreted your actual words vs your actual intentions?

To be clear, I just want some clarity on what is/isn't OK to post in this thread before I'm also potentially told by a Mod to leave and never come back if I have any negative comments.

There's nothing to be clear about.

If all you have to say is standard "Disney is woke" rhetoric then this thread isn't for you.

If you're going to discuss any other aspect of the show then fine.

The person thread banned had no intention of watching the show and was just regurgitating opinion he'd read elsewhere to suit his agenda

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom