Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

Do you reckon George Lucas regrets selling to these clowns? Yeah the money was great, but he's had to sit and watch his creation slowly get destroyed. That's got to hurt.
I'm pretty sure Lucas did more damage to it with the prequels than anything that has happened since. Star Wars was effectively buried when Disney bought it, there was very little new coming out apart from the odd book and game. Sure there have been highs and lows since but I'll take highs and lows over nothing.

First and foremost, he layed you up for a really good retort and you missed it. If Star wars was dead and buried, then Disney dug up the corpse and violated it in public.:D

Secondly what is it with people denigrading the star wars franchise in defense of Disney? :confused: You have people saying that Star wars is a kids franchise so the plot doesn't need to make sense. I remember someone saying that the only people that liked star wars were in their 70s or something to that affect and now we have this....
I'm pretty sure Lucas did more damage to it with the prequels than anything that has happened since. Star Wars was effectively buried when Disney bought it, there was very little new coming out apart from the odd book and game. Sure there have been highs and lows since but I'll take highs and lows over nothing.
You think that Disney spent $4 BILLION on a dead franchise.

You think that a dead franchise could pull so many box office records that it has its own wiki page

I could go on about all the hype across the internet when all of this was announced.

The franchise was hibernating/on ice but it most certainly was not dead and buried.

Last edited:
Even though I really, really liked Andor I just haven’t been arsed with Ashoka, not sure I can be arsed with this either. Tooooo much.

Highlight of the first two episodes for me was actually seeing someone wearing a spacesuit in a Star Wars story. Up to now, apart from Stormtrooper style outfits which are presumably integrated with a breather, it's something the franchise has avoided.

As regards the rest, well seems a bit formulaic. Probably going to see the Sith make an appearance, at least that's what looks like it's leading up to. But thus far no Andor or Boba Fett, that's for sure. (Or even on a par with animated Bad Batch which got nice and dark in its final season).

Watched the first episode and found it a bit hit and miss, although mostly miss.

My main take away is that the Jedi in this have absolutely zero situational awareness,
Carrie-Anne Moss's death for example given she was a Jedi Master just seemed pitiful and very underwhelming.

Maybe it'll improve, I'll watch the second episode in a few but unless it picks up substantially I'll be dropping it.

Edit: After the end of episode 2 I'd argue things became more interesting, but it still felt sloppy and poorly done for something like this. I might give ep3 a shot but if I don't get around to it that's fine, shame as the core idea had potential.

Last edited:
Still looking forward to this will watch it with a beer and some popcorn and then enjoy laughing at all the people on the internet having melt downs over some small detail or other!

Back
Top Bottom