Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

Oh jeez well the acting of the "younger" characters is on par with garbage as usual. The writing is on par with previous garbage. Watching each other with binoculars 20m away lol
The story is "interesting" the young english girl/orange stripe is awful.
Its so clunky

Agreed. Watched the first 2 episodes and will deleting this from my watch history and avoiding the rest. Pure junk is all I can say. Good start with trinity and seeing her fighting experience form matrix put to good use as a jedi, and then she's dead, for stupid reasons.

Another star wars show that is rubbish. So unfortunate. It definitely feels made for kids, and that's fine, but I wish they would make that clearer in their marketing.

One day we will get something as good as the TOR cinematic trailer made into a show. Now that is how you make someone instantly interested in the story you're trying to tell them!

Considering he made 16 billion out of it I doubt he cares a huge amount

16 bil? I thought he got paid 4bil?

I didn't realise just how hot the main actress is.

Its just so dull, bad acting, boring plot and terrible writing. tbh if the actors/directors and everyone else involved with the show would just shut the **** up there wouldn't be as much backlash, but we know that's an impossibility in Hollywood. Taking bets that the 'story' will be Jedi master trains padawan, padawan goes nuts and joins the dark side and then gets saved in the end before dying, any takers?

He got a lot of shares for selling his soul, iirc hes currently the largest individual investor in the company.

Last edited:
It's not up for debate - if you've an issue then either post in FCD, or if you can't control your opinions then I can thread ban you now?
I will take the mickey out of this show because it's bad show, for whatever the reason it is a bad show, it's up to you to deem it appropriate for the thread or not. It's your call

Actually it did feel like Star Wars, serious, grown-up, Star Wars.
As someone who was invested into the extended universe, be it games, novels, or comics? I agree with this, Andor absolutely felt like Star Wars. Just not how most people view it with Jedi and lightsabers.

Andor has been the high point of Star Wars under Disney for me. I've found everything else either hit and miss or flat out awful.

Last edited:
I thought it was OK too! I didn’t like the cut to credits though which was very abrupt. I understand all of the hate at the moment but time will tell on how the series pans out.

Was that the fire in space scene where they then used a fire extinguisher to deprive the fire of oxygen and thus putting it out?
The emo teen energy the antagonist brings, the weird dialogue 'why are you here?', the Jedi who can't see the equivalent of crossing your fingers behind your back and multiple instances of being torn apart by a light saber and then survive - one little metal blade.....dead.

I've gone off Critical Drinker for the most part especially his anti woke rhetoric but hard to argue with his plot holes in his latest video.

Bring on season 2 of Andor, light years ahead of most other modern Star Wars.

The emo teen energy the antagonist brings, the weird dialogue 'why are you here?', the Jedi who can't see the equivalent of crossing your fingers behind your back and multiple instances of being torn apart by a light saber and then survive - one little metal blade.....dead.

The Jedi are arrogant and have their own superior complex, particularly in this era. It’s an established part of the backstory.

I’m not sure the people getting sliced up with a sabre and surviving is anything new, it’s literally the origin story of Darth Vader. Likewise, plenty of people got a light prodding and died a spectacular death.

The Jedi are arrogant and have their own superior complex, particularly in this era. It’s an established part of the backstory.

I’m not sure the people getting sliced up with a sabre and surviving is anything new, it’s literally the origin story of Darth Vader. Likewise, plenty of people got a light prodding and died a spectacular death.

But Darth Vader is barely human, that's how he's kept alive.

Also the lore is he's one of the strongest sith/Jedi to live hence his ability to go through the pain to survive.

But Darth Vader is barely human, that's how he's kept alive.

Also the lore is he's one of the strongest sith/Jedi to live hence his ability to go through the pain to survive.
He is only barely human because he got sliced up my Obi Wan.

Yes he strong with the force, but the force doesn’t change the fact that if you get stabbed into something vital, you aren’t coming back from that. IIRC, he only lost his legs and arms.

Edit: I’m not sure why this is a talking point given no one has been sliced up yet.

Last edited:
Jedi die like anyone else if you put pointy metal bits through their heart. I thought the distract with the life of an innocent bit was well sold. The later poisoning of the other jedi should be explained in later episodes.

I've gone off Critical Drinker for the most part especially his anti woke rhetoric but hard to argue with his plot holes in his latest video.

The lightsaber surviving has become annoying, although with a dark side force user you could at least justify it somewhat, we’ve seen it in canon and non-canon, even going back as far as the Dark Forces games. The metal blade could well have been poisoned, not unrealistic for an assassin.

Most people wouldn’t even care about this stuff if it wasn’t for the social media culture of rage bait. It clearly works though.

Last edited:
Agreed. Watched the first 2 episodes and will deleting this from my watch history and avoiding the rest. Pure junk is all I can say. Good start with trinity and seeing her fighting experience form matrix put to good use as a jedi, and then she's dead, for stupid reasons.

Another star wars show that is rubbish. So unfortunate. It definitely feels made for kids, and that's fine, but I wish they would make that clearer in their marketing.

One day we will get something as good as the TOR cinematic trailer made into a show. Now that is how you make someone instantly interested in the story you're trying to tell them!

I didn't realise just how hot the main actress is.
Was a good movie

We have strong evidence. Don't bother looking into the potentially hundreds of eye witnesses and security cameras that would back her albibi, that could clear up the embarrassment of a former Jedi causing problems. We can read minds and catch lies easily - nope not today. A woman they thought had given up her training effortlessly takes out a Jedi Master, lets not taker her back ourselves but instead leave her on a transport with one robot guard. We've collected the escaped prisoners, came back home but didn't check the crashed ship itself at the time.

Dear God. This has nothing to do with rage bait, it's poorly written. Dumb decisions are required to move the story. Again, Andor was written far better.

Edit - I don't think the lore of Jedi arrogance explains all of this.

Last edited:

Andor was good, The Mandalorian is still up there and Ashoka was ok (mainly because of Ray Stevenson's character).

The need to start picking writers and directors more carefully tbh and keep things consistent. The Acolyte has come out looking more like a K-drama.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom