Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

The jedi order is in the height of its power (declining ) and they come across mostly as clowns. Maybe it's intentional...

F0sVx9l.mp4

Disney exec 1: Lightsabers are cool and all but we need something the kids will really lose their **** over. Any suggestions?
Disney exec 2: I watched a King fu movie 20 years ago..
Disney exec 1: excellent idea!
Terās kāsi is a star wars martial art designed specifically for fighting Jedis and such... :p geek Alert

But they won't relate to it cos it's pre Disney. If they did I'd give them a bow as would many. I actually thought baddy twin was going to mention it.

None of you guys play swg.... Pre combat balance TKM and fencer were Fing hilarious..

Last edited:
Last edited:
Almost 43% of the reviews on IMDB are currently one star. You're right I'm sure that is entirely balanced reviewing and not a campaign of toxicity by the element that keep claiming they aren't toxic.

It has a rating of 4.3 on imdb (which feels about right) - review aggregator sites started using weighted scores many moons ago

Last edited:
Because it's getting heavily review bombed...

...by Star Wars fans. This is nothing new, because the franchise has been controversial ever since Disney took over and started messing with it.

By the toxic elements of the fanbase who got angry when someone said there were toxic elements of the fanbase lol.

People should be allowed to dislike something on its merits without being smeared as 'toxic.'

...by Star Wars fans. This is nothing new, because the franchise has been controversial ever since Disney took over and started messing with it.

People should be allowed to dislike something on its merits without being smeared as 'toxic.'
Of course, but there is a big difference between people not liking something (and there are several in this thread) and people review bombing something, often without even watching it, just because they disagree with the race or sexual preference of someone in it or making it. Hell we've already had one guy banned from the thread who admitted he had no intention of watching it but just wanted to be toxic because some people on youtube told him to. He's admitted to this in multiple threads. There is an extremely toxic element and Star Wars attracts more than any other fandom I've seen.

Last edited:

I have no idea what Kathleen Kennedy is thinking bringing in these divisive topics into SW. Yes it was not perfect but to systemically take it apart brick by brick and rebuild it something that not close to the source movies is bewildering. To be even allowed to mess with a multi billion dollar franchise like this is wreckless imo.

I don't care if its a female or male lead, as long as it well written and there is growth to the storytelling. Fact of the matter is it's not, far from it (Sequels). SW imo isn't about who male or female that was never a factor until she made it so. Many characters are aliens and robots. It's pretty ridiculous TBF.

This show is early days yet to have a opinion. will have to wait and see where it leads.

Last edited:
Of course, but there is a big difference between people not liking something (and there are several in this thread) and people review bombing something, often without even watching it, just because they disagree with the race or sexual preference of someone in it or making it. Hell we've already had one guy banned from the thread who admitted he had no intention of watching it but just wanted to be toxic because some people on youtube told him to. He's admitted to this in multiple threads. There is an extremely toxic element and Star Wars attracts more than any other fandom I've seen.
Explain why Andor has an audience rating of 8.4 on IMDB, afterall if the star wars fanbase is toxic and they hate non white leads, female characters etc why did that go down so well? Could it be, and bear with me here (apart from being actually good), that the stars/suits behind it didn't go straight on the attack and label fans of the IP racist/homophobic etc etc

Last edited:
I really dislike the fact that woke ever get brought up with these shows and films, and imo it's extremely distracting from the real issue, and allows an excuse for executives to sya "our show isn't bad, it's just woke warriors who are crying about 2 guys kissing"

I like to see "woke" stuff in shows, I don't mind if a character goes from white to black, male to female, as long as it's done well, and even then I'm loose with what I consider well. For instance the little mermaid being black, or hermione being black, I don't give 1 care about.

However these shows are bad. The writing is awful, the acting awful, there's nothing to draw you in. Nothing to excite for next episode. It's dull. I want everyone to die.

I would review this 1 star as there's nothing worth watching over the next 5/6 years of this series, so far at least.

A perfect example is why did the bad guy open his lightsabre at the end of episode 1. Who was he opening it for?

It's rubbish. It's just unfortunate that woke gets brought up by either side. The rings of power show is not crap because there are female black dwarves, it's crap for 59 other reasons. This show is not bad because whatever is considered woke (tbh I don't see what could be called woke in this show yet), it's bad for all other reasons

It's not only that tho, it's also the fact we all know it's just performative otherwise companies like disney would push these programmes into markets that actually oppose the ideals with zero changes.

I've been reading the reviews on IMDB. The criticisms are overwhelmingly aimed at lower production values, poor dialogue, badly written characters, lazy script, overused tropes, etc. These are objective metrics.

Not only that, but many of the people slamming Acolyte—if not most—are very open about the fact that they enjoyed Andor and The Mandalorian. So the argument that they're only downvoting it because they're 'the toxic side of the fanbase' simply doesn't hold water.

I’m pretty certain he didn’t say that. I’m assuming you’re practising your creative writing so you can join the Lucas film writing room.

Last edited:
1st episode was ok, but the master in the beginning fell for an 'easy trick'. May was outclassed in every way except plot but hey.
Also another silly thing, her twin who got arrested for a killing a jedi master, yea let's send her with a robot and not jedi guards.

1st episode was ok, but the master in the beginning fell for an 'easy trick'. May was outclassed in every way except plot but hey.
Also another silly thing, her twin who got arrested for a killing a jedi master, yea let's send her with a robot and not jedi guards.
There's no sense of time or distance at all either .... Some scenes follow on completely contiguously...

Master trinity was murdered on planet 1, A mechanic on a starship, lightyears away is accused hours later? How are these people meant to leave the ship travel light years, get back, have zero alibi... This is a "detective" themed show?
The crashing prison ship shares similar screwed up time management. The crashed ship looked abandoned for a week full of snow, the escape pods were recovered and the fellows taken to courascant in 30s.....
Then squid game jedi et al take a ship to find the crash site that must be the same place as the escape pods...

Its really messy/sloppy distracting.
It's not the end of the world but it's just
Dumb... They do the taking off ship/ landing montage.... I dunno feels meh.

Last edited:
There's no sense of time or distance at all either .... Some scenes follow on completely contiguously...
This has been a massive issue for me in Disney Star Wars. I watched the OT and assumed that when space journeys happened they took days if not weeks. Like Luke goes to Dagoba and it takes weeks for Han and Leia to get to Bespin, I assumed. But since Disney everywhere seems only minutes away from everywhere else which destroys the concept of large spaceships and carriers etc. If the Empire can get everywhere in 5 minutes how do you get resistance? Distance and time are important. The idea that spaceships filled a position akin to sailing ships makes it all work. Some of the Disney films and shows have been awful in this regard.

This has been a massive issue for me in Disney Star Wars. I watched the OT and assumed that when space journeys happened they took days if not weeks. Like Luke goes to Dagoba and it takes weeks for Han and Leia to get to Bespin, I assumed. But since Disney everywhere seems only minutes away from everywhere else which destroys the concept of large spaceships and carriers etc. If the Empire can get everywhere in 5 minutes how do you get resistance? Distance and time are important. The idea that spaceships filled a position akin to sailing ships makes it all work. Some of the Disney films and shows have been awful in this regard.

Rings of Power did exactly the same thing, they destroyed the illusion of ME, by teleporting everyone everywhere. It's just a collection of inter-connected rooms basically. Reminiscent of Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator.

Back
Top Bottom