Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

From what I've seen so far online about the reaction to this it seems to be a lot of people arguing about different things. wokeness, the originals compared to this, what star wars has become, modern day star wars etc etc.

I'm quite a big star wars and I'm talking the more recent stuff mainly, Mando, Andor, boba fett and Obi.

The bottom line for me is I've watched the first 2 episodes of this and it's absolutely garbage. I don't know how people can argue otherwise. I could tell from the trailers it would be rubbish and my feelings were completely right on that.
Indeed. Couldn't agree more

I tried to give it a fair go, sat down to watch it on the main TV with a good audio set up, no checking the phone etc. Managed two episodes and noped out, it’s tragic.

Disney must have deep pockets and good lawyers to pay off 100+ critics and keep them quiet about it.

Oh look they must have forgotten to pay this one then. Joking aside his review is pretty accurate imo. The show isnt bad but its nothing special so far. Too early to tell but there is time to hopefully turn it around.

from the article he concludes.
I’ve written about this before, and I’ll say it again: Relentless mediocrity is what’s killing Star Wars and Marvel and DC and so much of pop culture. The majority of Disney’s Star Wars shows and movies have been watered-down and disappointing affairs that seem to want to capitalize on the property without bothering to understand what makes us love it to begin with. They have just enough redeeming qualities to prevent them from being truly terrible. Mostly, they’re just bland and forgettable and lacking the great charm and heroics that made the original trilogy such an iconic entry in the history of cinema.

Last edited:
Bit meh, i thought it started quite well, and went off a cliff pretty quickly.
I'll keep watching as its star wars!

More dumb writing?

Why would Sol not immediately tell Yord /budget Weeknd there has been another attack from a woman with the same description, thus confirming Osha isn't behind the attacks and their twin/sister theory might be correct? So he can follow her in a later scene to confirm she didn't poison Torbin (how did she get there before the rest, especially as Sol picked up his pace?)? Probably. And you're gonna take in someone who killed a Jedi Knight by extending your hand out instead of immediately stunning them (but that could be the arrogance thing).

Now that I watch it with far lower expectations (it's a Disney CW show), more palatable. I'm still creasing about her waving her arms around saying "attack me with all of your strength", a team of people thought that was good :p.

• Haha
Reactions: Kyo
That's how I felt, went in with no expectations and while it is a bit naff, I'm still going to watch episode 3. However I wouldn't be surprised if I don't make it to the end of the series.

Now that I watch it with far lower expectations (it's a Disney CW show), more palatable. I'm still creasing about her waving her arms around saying "attack me with all of your strength", a team of people thought that was good :p.

yeah i thought that too, it was super cringe and crude. They need to up their game because the dialogue is laughable at times. I havent watched 3 yet but i cant wait haha :D

Last edited:
Same.

The last decent thing Disney put out Star Wars wise was Andor and before that Rogue One.

Andor was really well done but boring, Rogue One was really the only decent thing they've achieved. I won't bring myself to watch the Acolyte, have cancelled my Disney+ subscription and am just very meh about anything that company does now. It's mad as I've been an out and out star wars fanatic but they've destroyed it

I'm with you, Vidar. I used to be a huge SW fan and loved every element of it. But since Disney took over they've successfully managed to crush my interest. I've stopped bothering with it now and even sold all my Lego SW sets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom