Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

Because it's getting heavily review bombed...

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-the-acolyte-rotten-tomatoes-metacritic-review-bombed/

By the toxic elements of the fanbase who got angry when someone said there were toxic elements of the fanbase lol.

Are they toxic or just passionate about a franchise many would have been invested in since they were knee height to a grasshopper!

I think as it stands today, the only franchise from the golden age of cinema that hasn't been ruined is Back to the Future.

Darujhistan:

"White people crying actually was the goal" - Amanda Stenberg, on the The Daily Show.

This quote was from a 2018 clip from an old interview with an unrelated program.

Last edited:
Watched the second episode, it seemed a smidgen better than the first and whilst i don't think it's complete and utter rubbish like some do, it does seem a bit..."meh".
Although i do wonder if it would have been better to have built up to undead (evil) twin getting trained by a master rather than letting the cat out the bag within the first 30/40 minutes of the show as it now looks like the rest of the series will be a predictable cat-and-mouse type show.
Granted, it's early doors and there's plenty of time for it to get better so will happily carry on.

I know.. isn't there a block on it until someone dies? Zemeckis I assume?

Yeah both Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale said "over my dead body", they are fiercely protective of the bttf franchise and we won't see a reboot until they are long gone, and to be honest without marty and doc brown, it wouldn't work anyway, they had fantastic chemistry in the movies.

Just watched the first two episodes this morning. The concept of the show sounded interesting to me, when I first heard about. Will wait to watch the whole season before passing full judgement on it. At the moment seems to be a bit of a nothing burger and i see a lot of the typical Disney politics that they are pushing these days.

Disney must have deep pockets and good lawyers to pay off 100+ critics and keep them quiet about it.
Or the more reasonable explanation is that critics just look at the series for what it is and try not to come in with preconceived ideas about what it is or a ‘lol Disney ruins everything’ mindset.

i see a lot of the typical Disney politics that they are pushing these days.

Do explain? I’m genuinely curious as to what politics you think Disney have been pushing in episode 1 and 2 of this show.

Or the more reasonable explanation is that critics just look at the series for what it is and try not to come in with preconceived ideas about what it is or a ‘lol Disney ruins everything’ mindset.
When there's such a disconnect between 'critic' and audience score the critic is doing something wrong. Nothing about this show is worthy of 91%. Laughable plot holes, mediocre acting, dull story, so so cgi. Any tv show that has a nice crackling fire in the vacuum of space as a plot point should automatically get a 1 star review from a professional.

Last edited:
Disney must have deep pockets and good lawyers to pay off 100+ critics and keep them quiet about it.

This has been explained to you before, it's about advertising for the most part, and yes Disney do have very deep pockets and good lawyers. The relevance of traditional media outlets both online and in print are dying and fast losing relevance (particularly in entetainment and games) as people look to YT content creators for their news and reviews as people see them as authentic and not corporate, they also don't have basically the same opinions about everything (IGN just bought six large games outlets, so that will be same opinion repeated on every site).

CC's in general aren't interested in promoting DEI/Alphabet ideology which people are sick and tired of. A clue about this, is how much corporations have toned down their pride branding and cut back their promotion of it, because what they once believed was good business and made them money, now they feel is having the opposite effect. There's very little social capital and therefore money in virtue signalling any more. That's why pride month this year is like a wet fart compared to the all-encompassing media barrage it was just a couple of years ago.

So this goes a long way to explaining why a completely mid and forgettable show like The Acolyte, recieves universal praise from critics, when real people hate it, a bit like Doctor Who.

Here endeth the lesson.

:D

Last edited:
Terās kāsi is a star wars martial art designed specifically for fighting Jedis and such... :p geek Alert

But they won't relate to it cos it's pre Disney. If they did I'd give them a bow as would many. I actually thought baddy twin was going to mention it.

None of you guys play swg.... Pre combat balance TKM and fencer were Fing hilarious..
SWG GANG. SWG GANG. The naff lair groups were brutal on my 56k :cry:

When there's such a disconnect between 'critic' and audience score the critic is doing something wrong. Nothing about this show is worthy of 91%. Laughable plot holes, mediocre acting, dull story, so so cgi. Any tv show that has a nice crackling fire in the vacuum of space as a plot point should automatically get a 1 star review from a professional.
the "reviewers" on sites like that have been given backhanders to hype something. the audience scores come from people who actually watch it and/or are invested in it.

Why would they need those, access is by far more valuable :confused:
What you are proposing just wouldn't happen.

The minute a prominent critic was barred from reviewing content for a particular studio or platform, all the other critics would call out the practice and refuse to review the content from that studio.

What you are proposing just wouldn't happen.

The minute a prominent critic was barred from reviewing content for a particular studio or platform, all the other critics would call out the practice and refuse to review the content from that studio.
However it does happen.

A good example, which also happens to be Disney, is what they did with the Disney star wars Hotel.

They purposefully give you tubers and influences better treatment that have been positive to Disney products.

Those reviewers know that getting first access gets good clicks and views, and they know bigger channels haven't been invited due to the negative or at least, fair reviews those channels gave

It goes without saying that if they want more access they have to be positive.

From what I've seen so far online about the reaction to this it seems to be a lot of people arguing about different things. wokeness, the originals compared to this, what star wars has become, modern day star wars etc etc.

I'm quite a big star wars and I'm talking the more recent stuff mainly, Mando, Andor, boba fett and Obi.

The bottom line for me is I've watched the first 2 episodes of this and it's absolutely garbage. I don't know how people can argue otherwise. I could tell from the trailers it would be rubbish and my feelings were completely right on that.

Back
Top Bottom