Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

It does make you wonder if they had a proper director at the helm and not someone who was Harvey Weinstein personal assistant how different this show could have been.

It does make you wonder if they had a proper director at the helm and not someone who was Harvey Weinstein personal assistant how different this show could have been.
She didn't direct, but this is her vision, what she wanted. To have made a decent show you would have needed to get rid of everyone involved

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for you to tell us who all the users are that don't like the show and are rushing to watch the latest episodes....
That’s my error, there was a little flurry of new people commenting on it yesterday in an a way which read like ep3 was out but actually they were comments on 1 and 2.

I’ve not watched 3 yet, it probably won’t be tonight either.

Reactions: Kyo

What difference does having once been Harvey Weinstein's PA make? Weirdly dismissive take, tbh: she's got a enough decent set of writing and directing credits.

She didn't direct, but this is her vision, what she wanted. To have made a decent show you would have needed to get rid of everyone involved

She directed the first two episodes, and wrote the first.

They are a public company and they actually can’t lie about these sorts of statements. It could be considered as misleading shareholders and there are reasonably strict laws about it which are enforced. Elon Musk has found that out the hard way a few times.

11.1 million views in 5 days... Less than Ashoka but much more than the "fan favourite" Andor :p

rp2000
I don't disagree with it. 11.2 mil views but we've all watched it. Clearly there is demand for start wars. I bet the finale will be less than the first episode, which will be telling.

I don't disagree with it. 11.2 mil views but we've all watched it. Clearly there is demand for start wars. I bet the finale will be less than the first episode, which will be telling.
Maybe. Generally speaking I don't pay much heed to viewing figures, but after a lot of the negativity in this thread, seemed like a semi positive story to post.

No characters or story tie-ins from past Star Wars films, animations, series (unlike Mando, Boba Fett, Andor, Ahsoka, Obi-wan). Impressive viewing figures when you take that into context, no matter what the drop off (imo).

rp2000

No characters or story tie-ins from past Star Wars films, animations, series (unlike Mando, Boba Fett, Andor, Ahsoka, Obi-wan). Impressive viewing figures when you take that into context, no matter what the drop off (imo

It does some what tie to the games Kotor and TOR, so there will be a big chunk of viewers that were curious to see the first TV show set in this period.

The trouble with the viewing figures though is that Disney could see them and go "we are happy enough, keep the course we are taking" rather than see it as "there is a lot of interest in star wars, and plenty continue with it I hope, but viewers are reviewing it poorly, let's rethink"

This sort of behaviour only lasts so long from viewers. Marvel was a good example. I watched a few of their series, but they were all crap I don't even have 1 tiny desire to see anything marvel any more. Their films are bad. I kept watching for a while, but the reality is obvious now and I've given up with them, as has a lot of their viewers, hence zero mcu movies this year.

Time to sit back with a coffee and a double sausage and egg mcmuffin to watch the latest episode.

I'm just here for the lightsabre noises.

It does some what tie to the games Kotor and TOR, so there will be a big chunk of viewers that were curious to see the first TV show set in this period.
How does it tie to KOTOR :confused:

Third episode was good, entirely in the past showing the youth of the twins.
As expected we got to see more of the four Jedi and what led to Osha joining the Jedi. Was nice to see a Force using group that wasn't the Jedi or Sith on screen (first time in live action right?) Plenty of mystery still because we only see Osha's perspective at the end. Those witches definitely didn't die from the fire.

Last edited:
Genuinely don't know what the issue is? Male empowerment fantasies have been the absolute standard for thousands of years. Who cares if we're now attempting to tip the balance?

Arguing about poor storytelling is one thing, but bemoaning the promotion of female empowerment is just odd to me.

Not when some people just go on about it all the time.

To me, I don't care much about the politics or social implications of a TV show, but I do care when people just rabbit on about it as if that's all that counts. When the show is quoted as "empowering females" rather than just something "good to watch", then I start to fall asleep.

This series is a case in point. The simple truth is it's lack-lustre and the main star is dull. It doesn't matter how empowering, or whatever, it's a miss in my book.

Back
Top Bottom