Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

People are allowed to moan, imo how anyone can watch any of this new nonsense is absolutely beyond me.

That goes for all other Disney content. Maybe that just comes with age, maybe it's the message, maybe because it's ********.

Anyway, the people who do still like it seem like the type of people who collect toys and have baby Yoda backgrounds on their phone. Whilst doint whatever to their plushies. Adults obviously, children don't have life experience or fully grown brains so they're excused.
Agreed, we can't stop people moaning about it. Get's a bit tiresome but hey-ho!

I'm in my mid 40s, like some of the other people who mentioned age above. I just watch things I enjoy, don't collect toys and have a blank black background on my phone. BUT, I do have a small baby yoda plush. It was a gift from someone and it sits in a cupboard with a 20 quid metal stormtrooper figurine (From the sequel trllogy :p ) gathering dusc . In a box somewhere, also gathering dust, is a fully built Lego Millenium Falcon, and an X-wing (the versions from the sequel trilogy :p). Finally there is a lego BB8 which is in another box, half broken as i dropped it and couldn't be bothered to rebuild. Don't even like Lego that much these days. Broke my hand in 2017 and bought some lego to build while bored at home.

Come at me!

rp2000

As a reminder to everyone, if you don't want to see negative comments from "certain posters" in a thread you want to read, the forum does have an "ignore" feature (hover over their username to view) so you never have to read negative comments from them ever again, and that would seem to be infinitely more useful than spending yet another thread going back over the same old arguments with people who will never change their opinions and getting frustrated by it.

Everyone wins in that situation - You get to see only things you enjoy reading, they do the same and only get to read things they enjoy and everyone lives happy in their little echo chambers not bothering anyone else.

Last edited:
Star warns isn't too precious to me.

Happy to watch stuff if it's good in isolation.

I'd actually rather it be kind of "new".

Ie.. If I need to watch all the older stuff to understand it it's going to be lost on many people.

Really though. I find star wars too all over the place to really follow.

I've always preferred star trek. A few series, that are linear in time (old series).

Star wars for me has gotten too convoluted. I tried watching that other one that was really popular and just gave up as I didn't really grasp what was going on.

I hate to break it to you but the phantom menace came out 25 years ago. Someone who is 40 today would have been 15 when it was released.
Eh? So because I'm 40 I can't of grown up with the original trilogy?

I think you'll find for probably 10 of those 15 years before the phantom menace that I was watching and rewatching the original trilogy on VHS.

Off topic but I also think that's part of why we enjoyed older films more - there was less content around, so you did watch and rewatch them, as opposed to watching the latest thing on netflix/Disney/prime/etc and forgetting it 5 minutes later.

Off topic but I also think that's part of why we enjoyed older films more - there was less content around, so you did watch and rewatch them, as opposed to watching the latest thing on netflix/Disney/prime/etc and forgetting it 5 minutes later.
Not necessarily off topic, I think that you're right, part of our enjoyment is due to differences in relative availability of content which changes our consumption habits and as a result our perception, but this actually affects the production of the media. It's now far more just "content" to be consumed, to feed a desired growth in subscriber base rather than for telling a particular story, or creating something that's worth rewatching again and again. Stuff isn't made for that purpose because it's not as lucrative as it used to be. And that sucks.

Last edited:
I disagree, it's mostly because of the age you watched it. Every generation looks upon the things they watched in their youth more favourably.

I disagree, it's mostly because of the age you watched it. Every generation looks upon the things they watched in their youth more favourably.
Omg you mean nostalgia is an obviously observable thing?! No way!

Clearly this is an insane take. From a simple anecdotal viewpoint, I know I didn't like some things from childhood like films tv and music, and I do like some things now.

Things can just be bad, and people can notice they are bad, and talk about it.

Seriously, if you can't deal with someone else having a different opinion to yourself, then maybe you shouldn't be on the internet :p

I'm simply reminding people that rather than repeatedly clogging up dozens of threads with "OMG, can you guys talk good/bad somewhere else" - "No you!" etc, the ignore function exists and helps prevent filling threads with posts like these ones we're making.

While there’s a whole load of truth in that we’ll always view things we grew up with through Nostalgia Glasses, in the case of Star Wars, it’s now rather akin to be being promised a Wagon Wheel and then being served a dog turd.

Ignoring the usual guff that accompanies any disney star wars product that is just a god awful trailer, whomever chose the musical score should fired, terrible.

At this rate, absolutely nobody is going to watch the acolyte. Disney sure do know how to push their core fan base away. I'm sure a few blue haired land whales will watch it and Disney will call it a success though :p

Are they actually ‘fans’?

Let’s not beat around the bush, a lot of the ‘feedback’ from ‘fans’ goes well beyond critique of the material.

Some of the comments in OCUK threads go well beyond that line and it’s relatively mild here. Somewhere like twitter will be the Wild West.

Back
Top Bottom