Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

Will this be released/modified in China and the Middle East? Disney love the message unless it involves other markets and their bottom line.

Last edited:
Seriously, who is actually physically harassing the actresses?

Most people have no problem with the actors, they are just doing their jobs. It's the likes of the show runners and writers that are getting the flak.

They are totally out of touch with what the fans want to see.

Last edited:
Seriously, who is actually physically harassing the actresses?

Most people have no problem with the actors, they are just doing their jobs. It's the likes of the show runners and writers that are getting the flak.

They are totally out of touch with what the fans want to see.
They find one or two tweets and that’s enough to start up the bandwagon:D

It’s also amazing that they do in fact know who their core audience is. They just refuse to make content for them lol

They find one or two tweets and that’s enough to start up the bandwagon:D

It’s also amazing that they do in fact know who their core audience is. They just refuse to make content for them lol
You're always going to get the odd abusive moron on social media. But yes, they use these individuals to label us all toxic just for being unhappy with what we are being served up :p

Imagine ignoring 99.9999999999999% of non-harassing/sexist/bigoted/racist interactions to concentrate on (and therefore amplifying the importance of) the 0.00000000000001% of those interactions coming from utter morons, just so that the Studio can use that now amplified 0.00000000000001% of interactions from those morons to claim that these interactions are a big problem.

Morons/trolls will always exist, we all know that, but amplifying their actions to "some fans are saying........." despite their incredibly limited numbers, and then lumping them in with the normal interactions as if they're all the same is, by this point in "the culture wars" standard operating procedure for something that a studio is privately thinking may be a flop. It's simply them laying out the reasons that they will later claim for their suspected upcoming failure before it happens, as a "Cover Your Ass" note, and studios who are fairly confident that people will watch their shows (because they know they've made something that they know is good quality) generally don't tend to set out their stall early with "but look at the toxic fanbase............." before the viewing results are even in.

If this was the very first time we'd seen this use of "but muh toxic fanbase..........." then it'd be quite believable, but its not, its not even within the first 10 times of being used, as by now we must be approaching dozens upon dozens of failures over almost a decade which all seem to pre-emptively use the incredibly tiny number of moronic interactions (from people who would never watch the show/film anyway) as the main excuse for their low quality product failing.

In the end this will succeed or fail on the quality of the work, not the miniscule/tiny number of twitter trolls who don't watch this stuff anyway, but those trolls do become a handy "reason for failure" for those narcissists with limited critical thinking skills who never ask "but where was the new audience that we made this for who also didn't turn up to watch it" as they actively anger real fans by lumping them all in with the tiny amount of morons and blaming them all for not liking the low quality guff they've output as i its the fans that are the problem.

They know the fandom is extremely male.

Nahhhh **** you, we’re turning Starwars into Disney Princess brand. You boys can’t have anything nice.

Male audience starts to tune out and reject the **** that’s getting served.

Male audience is now the problem why the Star Wars IP is in the *******.

Last edited:
Just want to know if we have all the episodes at once as I binge/immersion watch. Maybe I'm spoilt but waiting for episodes now is like waiting for the TV tubes to warm up.. outdated.

Nahhhh **** you, we’re turning Starwars into Disney Princess brand.

Disney plot:
1. Family die horribly at the start of the film
2. Princess grows up like a brat but claims is not understood.
3. Princess misleads interested male into a killing spree whilst singing top 10 money spinning sing-a-long shanty
4. Princess smiles inanely whilst sitting on the throne of corpses
5. Plot is left open for next instalment of moneymaking series

Yup, that pretty much sums it up.

What's Disney going to enforce for a female sithlord to sing "Let it Flow"?
Starwars is the saga of good vs evil, with a happy hack fest - let it be and don't Disney it.

To me after the first three original films, Mandalorian was the only other series in Starwars that really lived up to the Starwars mark.

Last edited:
At this rate, absolutely nobody is going to watch the acolyte. Disney sure do know how to push their core fan base away. I'm sure a few blue haired land whales will watch it and Disney will call it a success though :p
I’m going to watch it, I even think it looks quite decent in the trailers but then I’ve enjoyed most of the new Star Wars stuff the book of boba was a bit pants and movie 8 wasn’t great but as a casual fan I’ve enjoyed them all and my kids love it!

Off topic but I also think that's part of why we enjoyed older films more - there was less content around, so you did watch and rewatch them, as opposed to watching the latest thing on netflix/Disney/prime/etc and forgetting it 5 minutes later.
I disagree. I think I’ve only seen T1 and T2 all the way through once, when I was child and I love them (I need to go back and watch them).

I’ve only seen a few of the marvel films (basically the iron man films and the avengers) but recently went back to watch the ones I missed and they are really good and entertaining.

I watched Arcane once (whenever it was that I made my posts in that thread) and I think I could do a decent job of recounting the plot points.

Something that’s good will simply stick with you.

You mention forgetting what happened 5 mins later but I reckon that simply because a lot of the content isn’t very entertaining and is being relegated to the second screen.

I was watching a podcast and they mentioned that a number of these shows have it in mind that they are to be consumed on a second screen and that matches with behaviour that I’ve seen.

People “watching” tv but they are on their phone catching up with friends and family or scrolling instagram or doing chores. Funny enough someone I’m close to who regularly does this, tried it with Dune part 1 and was completely lost within the first 20 mins. We started again this time with their full attention and they loved it.

Last edited:
Disney plot:
1. Family die horribly at the start of the film
2. Princess grows up like a brat but claims is not understood.
3. Princess misleads interested male into a killing spree whilst singing top 10 money spinning sing-a-long shanty
4. Princess smiles inanely whilst sitting on the throne of corpses
5. Plot is left open for next instalment of moneymaking series

Yup, that pretty much sums it up.

What's Disney going to enforce for a female sithlord to sing "Let it Flow"?
Starwars is the saga of good vs evil, with a happy hack fest - let it be and don't Disney it.

To me after the first three original films, Mandalorian was the only other series in Starwars that really lived up to the Starwars mark.
Why does the sex of the sith lord matter to you?

Many of the 1/10 reviews seem attack Kennedy or have a social justice agenda rant. Now the dialog may be rubbish or the acting wooden but once you start writing stuff like that, you lose any credibility and just make the ‘fanbase’ come across as toxic.

I’ll probably watch it later tonight if I get time.

Last edited:
Many of the 1/10 reviews seem attack Kennedy or have a social justice agenda rant. Now the dialog may be rubbish or the acting wooden but once you start writing stuff like that, you lose any credibility and just make the ‘fanbase’ come across as toxic.

I know what you're saying, but it's hard to be too critical of the fanbase when they're exposed to similar attacks on social media by the likes of Kennedy before a show is released. It seems to be part of Disney's pre-release marekting spiel now ... rile the audience so they can blame "toxicity" for a show's failure.

Last edited:
Oh dear... user reviews are almost decisively split between 1/10 and an odd few 10/10

Par for the course these days. The fan base is more toxic than ever.

I know what you're saying, but it's hard to be too critical of the fanbase when they're exposed to similar attacks on social media by the likes of Kennedy before a show is released. It seems to be part of Disney's pre-release marekting spiel now ... rile the audience so they can blame "toxicity" for a show's failure.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

In this case, I’d suggest it’s the toxic fan base.

It’s a bit of a stretch to suggest a few snippets of an interview re-posted without context on twitter are a part of disneys marketing push.

If they weren’t posted here, I doubt I would ever have even seen the original piece and few others would have either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom