Star Wars VIII : The Last Jedi [WARNING: SPOILERS]

And yeah, at this point I am far more looking forward to Infinity War than Episode IX

And i'm a 35 year old man who grew up with Star Wars and thoroughly enjoyed Episode VII and Rogue One.

right from the start? Poe wants to speak to Hux. I'll hold, etc
It was wtf from the very very start...

And this part, I literally burst into tears every time I think about it;

Luke, Rey and the awkward dinosaur milking scene

Look, i'm not defending it because to me it was a 7/10 movie.

Sick of hyperbolic posts like this though. "Worse film I have ever seen" - Really? You can't have seen many movies.

Ok let me rephrase it for you;

One of the worst films I've ever seen. At the moment I'm struggling to think of one as bad as this.

Not at all but what I was implying was that Disney tried to make humour of it by having the creature look at Rey and Rey turn away, as if it was some sort of private affair.

Can't say I noticed that, didn't seem like a humour scene to me and I didn't hear anyone laughing. I just saw it as her being frustrated that Luke was just going about his routine and mostly ignoring her (which she then commented on saying "I've seen your routine and you don't seem to have much on" or something along those lines.

Can't say I noticed that, didn't seem like a humour scene to me and I didn't hear anyone laughing. I just saw it as her being frustrated that Luke was just going about his routine and mostly ignoring her (which she then commented on saying "I've seen your routine and you don't seem to have much on" or something along those lines.
Are you for real? They totally tried to make it a humour scene. He looked at her with the weird stuff all over his mouth and cracked a weird grin. While the big thing looked at Rey as if to say, yeah baby you want some of this.

That is hardly surprising, the MCU has established success over almost 20 films plus tv shows etc. The new Star Wars universe is still relatively new and trying to appeal to both new fans with the new films as well as fans of the old films with the in between films.

This is the problem, I am not sure it is possible to please both groups.

I gaged the humour in the film by my gf and her sisters laughs. Neither are star wars fans.

They laughed at every single forced moment, and the naturally funny ones.

Since the huge success of gotg, star wars is going to mimic it's stupid humour to sell tickets and Blu-rays. It's going to get as bad as pirates of the Caribbean. That's fine, films reflect the times they were made. Just be thankful we got rogue one when we did. It's all going to be like this from here on.
the milked thing was some kind of eopie? It had features of it but a more walrusy trunk.. whatever it was the most cringy part of the film by miles, more wtf? Than haha.

Since the huge success of gotg, star wars is going to mimic it's stupid humour to sell tickets and Blu-rays. It's going to get as bad as pirates of the Caribbean. That's fine, films reflect the times they were made. Just be thankful we got rogue one when we did. It's all going to be like this from here on.

I dunno, they hired Lord and Miller for Han Solo and sacked them because they weren't happy with the humorous tone of the movie....

Back
Top Bottom